Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in bronze

Article about: Hello, Looking for my 1st IAB in bronze, I could have find one. Seller is not sure about authenticity, that's why I request help. I'd like to know if the ball hinge is restuck or not. I've a

?

Default Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in bronze

Hello,

Looking for my 1st IAB in bronze, I could have find one. Seller is not sure about authenticity, that's why I request help.
    I'd like to know if the ball hinge is restuck or not. I've already seen bad stick, especially on hollow IAB. I feel it's good, but I accept your analysis!
    Pictures:

Thanks.

Greg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in bronze   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in bronze  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in bronze   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in bronze  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-21-2022 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in bronze
    P
    Many

Looks like a Mayer design badge to me. I haven't seen one of them with a ball hinge before, or any other hollow IAB for that matter. Best wait for other opinions, but this one would not be for me, and there's plenty of other good ones out there.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Looks like a Mayer design badge to me. I haven't seen one of them with a ball hinge before, or any other hollow IAB for that matter. Best wait for other opinions, but this one would not be for me, and there's plenty of other good ones out there.

Regards, Ned.
    The only hollow IAB with a ball hinge that comes to mind Ned is JFS, but all that I am able to find were marked.
    I would wait for fischer or Stewy, or agree with Ned, not for me until I would know for sure.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The only hollow IAB with a ball hinge that comes to mind Ned is JFS, but all that I am able to find were marked.
    I would wait for fischer or Stewy, or agree with Ned, not for me until I would know for sure.
    Ralph.

I'm thinking Greg is right in his suspicions that this is a replaced hinge on an original buntmetall badge.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

It's a bit hard to say without having it in hand. I'll skipp it too!

Greg.

Quote by greg59 View Post
    It's a bit hard to say without having it in hand. I'll skipp it too!

Greg.
    Greg,
    please be patient and wait for some of the others to chime in before passing on this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Don't worry, I just don't buy anything at this time. When we'll have a good idea if it's good or not, I'll ask the seller if the badge is still available.

Greg.

Hi Guys

The seller is correct in his "uncertainty about this ones authenticity"...It is a Vienna/Souval Design fake and is found with many different hardware set ups.

The aged silver with the brassy color "tombak" peaking through is a nice touch.

The only true Vienna Design hollow examples are made from zinc, have a sheet metal hinge set up and feature the inside portion of the 4R leaf...between the Kar98k and the sling.

Best regards, fischer

PS.
    Both Josef Fiex Sohne and Richard Simm & Sohne produced hollow examples using the ball hinge hardware set up.
    Of course, there are other IAB makers that used the ball hinge hardware but they were solid examples.