Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

IAB for review

Article about: Is it good and was it silver or bronze?

Default IAB for review

Is it good and was it silver or bronze?IAB for reviewIAB for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement IAB for review
    P
    Many

The rear set up of a vertical crimp fixing the hinge in place was only used (for a short time) by S&L if I recall, and was not very successful. But i'm not too up on IAB's and am still learning, so best wait for fischer or Stewy's input. The colouration of the hinge pin and catch would indicate it was a bronze badge imo.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

This is a vertical crimp, deformed leaf by Deumer. I agree with Ned that this is a bronze version. I believe it is showing some signs of zinc pest. Here is my silver example to compare.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IAB for review   IAB for review  

IAB for review  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

a nice example of a powerful looking badge.

A deformed leaf bronze vertical crimp IMO too. As the folks have already said. Congrats, Stewy

Hi Guys

Thanks DTVPKING for posting your new example...it's been a while since we have had a new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen to admire!

I agree with Ralph's summation on this one and it's a bronze grade "Deformed Leaf" purportedly linked to the firm of Wilhelm Deumer.
    The Deformed Leaf examples are very prevalent and can be found with three different hardware systems and as we see here, found in both silver and bronze grades.

The attribution to Deumer came to light with the discovery of Deformed Leaf examples found with paper packets addressed to the firm of Wilhelm Deumer, Lüdenscheid.

The addressed packets are a good link but there are a couple of possibilities here:

1. Deumer made theses examples and packaged them
    2. Someone else made these examples for Deumer and then Deumer packaged them with their address

The perplexing thing for me is the design change we see in loking at all the purported Deumer examples.
    First, there is the high quality tombak hollow Deumer
    Next, we have a hollow zinc example with the same obverse design as the earlier BM example
    Finally, a completely different design using a new die to create the Deformed Leaf solids.

If both are truly Deumer examples, why the design change when switching to a solid zinc example?
    Wiedmann, FLL, Hymmen, etc. produced bunt metal examples, hollow zinc examples and solid zinc examples using the same obverse design.

Another possibility is the hollow Deumers are actually not Deumer made and the forensics used to link them is not correct.
    Maybe another firm produced the hollows and the Deformed Leaf Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is the only true Deumer example?

Best Regards, fischer

Thanks all, but this is not my piece its from my friends collection, we just wanted to hear more about it. So this is a nice piece, but for me, the Mayer has the best design and im still in love with the Mayers . Thank you all!

Cheers, Leonardo

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Guys

Thanks DTVPKING for posting your new example...it's been a while since we have had a new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen to admire!

I agree with Ralph's summation on this one and it's a bronze grade "Deformed Leaf" purportedly linked to the firm of Wilhelm Deumer.
    The Deformed Leaf examples are very prevalent and can be found with three different hardware systems and as we see here, found in both silver and bronze grades.

The attribution to Deumer came to light with the discovery of Deformed Leaf examples found with paper packets addressed to the firm of Wilhelm Deumer, Lüdenscheid.

The addressed packets are a good link but there are a couple of possibilities here:

1. Deumer made theses examples and packaged them
    2. Someone else made these examples for Deumer and then Deumer packaged them with their address

The perplexing thing for me is the design change we see in loking at all the purported Deumer examples.
    First, there is the high quality tombak hollow Deumer
    Next, we have a hollow zinc example with the same obverse design as the earlier BM example
    Finally, a completely different design using a new die to create the Deformed Leaf solids.

If both are truly Deumer examples, why the design change when switching to a solid zinc example?
    Wiedmann, FLL, Hymmen, etc. produced bunt metal examples, hollow zinc examples and solid zinc examples using the same obverse design.

Another possibility is the hollow Deumers are actually not Deumer made and the forensics used to link them is not correct.
    Maybe another firm produced the hollows and the Deformed Leaf Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is the only true Deumer example?

Best Regards, fischer
    Summed up beautifully mate. Stewy