Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCo

Article about: I found that the maker mark was unusually placed under hinge, only first letter is visible. Not the best planning, surprised for a war badge.

Default Infanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCo

I found that the maker mark on this badge was unusually placed under hinge, only first letter is visible. Not the best spot, surprised for a war badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCo   Infanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCo  

Infanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCo   Infanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCo  

Last edited by War Medals; 10-24-2017 at 02:50 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCo
    P
    Many

As you say a good original Shuco badge but I think with a replaced pin. Best regards.

Brian

help on iab

MAP
    ?

I agree. Looks like a Sohni 1.03 massive Zinc with left opening catch and a 5 vein variant.

I am not sure if the catch has been replaced. Maybe but photos are of such poor quality that it is hard to tell.

Can you get better photos?

1) Of the Hinge plate (take it from the side so we can see the base of the hinge - It should be bent sheet metal with a flat base on top and bottom) See 2nd photo, I drew a line where I think there is the flat base of the hinge on the top. But the photos are not clear. I can be wrong.

2) Maker mark

Fisher/Stewy and Ralph are much better verses in these than I (where fort art thou Fisher/Stewy???) so look for their feedback as well.

Brian: Your search skills are very good. Thanks!

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello

As MAP has stated. this one is a (5) vein variant S.H.u.Co. example.

The maker mark generaly is located roughly centered of the adler's head and the swazy, but does not replicate exactly on most examples. This is a known attribute.

A side pic of the shepherds hook - tensioner foot should determine if the badge pin has been replaced.
    From these pics, I would say the catch has not been repaired/replaced.

Here is one of my (5) vein examples with the same type of "floating" maker mark.
    Positioning of the MM is almost the same location as yours.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCo   Infanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCo  

MAP
    ?

Thanks Fischer for the confirmation.

I agree as well that the hinge/pin has probably not been replaced. Better photos should help.

Been a bit since I've seen you post. Nice to see you around.

Regards

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Micheal I added a couple of pics from the side. One can see the medal plate that is under the hinge. This badge is a very close match to Fischers, the solder on the right side of hinge in identical. I learned something new about the 5 veins. To all working on the pic quality.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. Looks like the correct hinge plate and to me does not looks like it has been messed with. I say it is all ok. You can even see the left leg of the letter H as well

I agree Michael the hinge plate looks good. I just can't get over the pin. Not the irregular shape of it of course. But it s the complete lack of the dimple thats created when it's encompassed around the pivot. Not that it's a huge deal as stated it's a good badge. Just an observation. Best regards.

Brian

Fischer s example vs OP's

Infanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCoInfanterie Strumabzeichen Silber Maker ShuCo

MAP
    ?

Lol...to be honest, I was focusing on the hinge and not the pin. You have a point on the pin. Whether it is original I'm not sure. A side photo like Fischer requested should help.