Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.

Article about: hi guys, heres a new badge added to the collection. i think its original acording to the book combat badges of the 3rd reich by michael tucker. but what i want to know is why the hinge and p

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.

hi guys,
    heres a new badge added to the collection. i think its original acording to the book combat badges of the 3rd reich by michael tucker. but what i want to know is why the hinge and pin is in that condition, the photos dont give a good example of what it looks like the badge doesnt have a greenish tinge to it but its a zinic grey colour and the hinge and pin isnt a brassy colour its more of a copper brassy colour, so is this pin a fake? and it also makes me wonder what happend the the soldier and the badge itself. a pretty nice badge with a huge historical background behind it. so if you know why the pin is like this please tell me.
    thanks
    regards callum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.  

Last edited by Adrian; 05-21-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: infantry assault badge

Hello, I believe the badge to be genuine and given the condition I'm guessing it has been dug up. Was there any story behind it when you purchased?

I think the maker may be either Julius Bauer or Metall und Kunstoff but, the condition is making it hard to pick out details. The pin and hinge you talk about is made from an alloy called Buntmetall. I believe it was a copper alloy (a bit like brass) which would give it the colour you describe and, obviously, the lack of rust etc.

?

Default Re: infantry assault badge

ok, thanks for the help.
    regards callum.

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.

Hello Callum

This is a ground dug JB&Co or Julius Bauer & Sohne.

Booboo252 is correct, the pin and catch are made of buntmetal.

Here is my unmarked example to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.