Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Ralph, Here's a similar S&L produced badge with slightly better finish. William Kramer

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Ralph,

Here's a similar S&L produced badge with slightly better finish.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IAB_1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	379640   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IAB_2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	379641  

Us and them - and after all were only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows its not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Show off!

Quote by all1knew View Post
    Ralph,

Here's a similar S&L produced badge with slightly better finish.

William Kramer
    A very nice silver version William!
    Here is another S&L with a different hardware set-up.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	258.6 KB 
ID:	379667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	379669  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice S&L badges guys.

/Jonas

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    A very nice silver version William!
    Here is another S&L with a different hardware set-up.
    Ralph.
    S&L certainly used alot of hinge configurations across their badges!

This is the same as my Coastal Artillery badge which again is different from my Panzer badge and different again from my Auxilliary Cruiser and different again from my Minesweepers........etc........etc.........!

Hello

The original badge that started this thread was thought to be a Juncker example. This link was created due to the reverse hardware used at times by Juncker...albeit other makers used this set up as well. Research has shown this example is attributed to the S&L firm due to links with other combat badges with like hardware and the obverse design matching the earlier hollow S&L examples.

S&L used a plethora of hardware set ups on their zinc solid examples starting with this long barrel hinge and long oval catch plate. This hardware fits perfectly into the reverse raised, guide lines. Because of this we know the reverse die was made for this hardware set up.

A short barrel hinge was also used. An oval hinge that was seen on earlier hollow tombak examples was used with a round catch plate or an elongated sheet metal formed catch. Sheet metal or wrap around hinges of rectangular or oval shape were used with directly soldered "?" style catches. On these subsequent hardware set ups, we can still see the raised guide lines present on the reverse.

Toward's the end of S&L's production of Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's we see a new die set with the same basic obverse design and with a new reverse utilizing a crimped in method of hardware attachment, as Ralph shows.

A classic, traditional design Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.

Best Regards, fischer

That's a pretty definitive and learned answer, thanks fischer, you de maaaan!!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    That's a pretty definitive and learned answer, thanks fischer, you de maaaan!!!!
    Ned, I think I have only ever seen one collection of Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's that is even close to rivalling fischers!
    Yes, he is the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen man.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good catch Nick! Very nice IAB.

Regards

Here's a bronze version of Ralph's variant. Stewy

Name:	DSC00412.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	383241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00411.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	383242  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast