Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

infanterie sturmabzeichen

Article about: Here's the sturmabzeichen I mentioned in the other thread, also bought by my friend in Italy And here are the pictures; The needle is non magnetic. Same question, fake or real? There is a lo

?

Default Re: infanterie sturmabzeichen

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Guys

This one does not sit well with me. The soft details and the what looks like pits or holes (see red circles) on both the obverse and reverse would cause me to shy away.

The cut out for the pin-tensioner foot is something I have never seen on FZS examples before.

Here is my example to compare.

Best regards, fischer
    And that's why I should not comment on Infanterie Abzeichen.

Apologies if I mislead you. Fischer is probably the most knowledgeable person to judge these badges and knows them inside out so I would take his word without question.

@ fischer, the trimming outline is remarkably accurate have you come across one of these types before?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement infanterie sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Just adding a little to the pot! Here's my Zimmermann Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for comparison. As you can see the rverse hardware is different.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture infanterie sturmabzeichen   infanterie sturmabzeichen  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    @ fischer, the trimming outline is remarkably accurate have you come across one of these types before?
    Hi Adrian
    There are other fakes of this design and I will post one when I return home. They were discovered due to having the wrong mm on the reverse.

This FZS is a very good one and looks like a worn veteran. Taking all attributes into consideration when compared to accepted originals; the subtle variations in details (lack of), hardware, attachment method etc. would cause me to pass on this one.

Hi Menno
    There are die-forged, pressure cast originals like the Assmann 1-4 numbered examples. These have imperfections from the casting process but I have not seen pitting like this. I have seen holes in badges from zinc rot but the appearance is different.

Best Regards, fischer

PS. Nice sheet metal FZS Ned...

Quote by Adrian View Post

Hi Adrian

Here is one from Staegemeier and a fantasy hollow as Zimmermann never made a hollow.

Best Regards, fischer

infanterie sturmabzeicheninfanterie sturmabzeicheninfanterie sturmabzeicheninfanterie sturmabzeichen

?

Thank you fischer, good reference pics.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2