Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: I have picked up a handful of German medals and badges. I am hoping that some of the forum members who specialize in these awards will take a quick look and let me know if they are right or

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

I have picked up a handful of German medals and badges. I am hoping that some of the forum members who specialize in these awards will take a quick look and let me know if they are right or wrong. I have a gut feeling about them but would like to know what others think.
    All the best,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-10-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Any opinions? Had a fairly good afternoon, made 10 or so posts of badges i was not sure of and so far only one seems to be wrong, so what ever you say won't upset me too much.
    D

Again, this appears to me to be a Mayer design badge, but better details are apparent than the other silver one (perhaps that one's just badly worn?), I like this one better, but again, wait for the real pro's to take a look.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi big ned,
    Surprising afternoon, all the posts I have made this afternoon are of badges I was unsure of, and so far only one confirmed fake. It just shows how little one actually knows. There is always room to learn more.
    D

its good.

Thanks for that.
    D

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi big ned,
    There is always room to learn more.
    D
    That's what makes the hobby so interesting D, you never stop learning!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Appears to be a bronze Mayer ISA. Have you got better pics of the hinge? Stewy

Hi Damian

Like your hollow silver example, this one also is a fake based on the BHMayer / Otto Schickle Design originals.

Here is another bronze fake to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

This seems to be a game of 2 halves, some members stating the badges are original and then others heading in the other direction. What does one make of that I wonder. Luckily I had written off all the badges posted as fakes, so whatever the outcome it was not going to hurt.
    D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast