Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Good evening, I submit you tonight this ISA. The hinge and the catch are Wiedmann style, but I cannot find this one on my Weber book. I searched on the web, and I don't find any hollow Wiedm

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Good evening,

I submit you tonight this ISA. The hinge and the catch are Wiedmann style, but I cannot find this one on my Weber book. I searched on the web, and I don't find any hollow Wiedmann ISA.
    So, am I wrong about Wiedmann? Is it just a fake?

Thanks.

Greg.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hi Greg,

I believe this is an old fake that comes in various guises, but is known as the "M.K. 'hollow' design". The badge is quite distinctive being like that, as this maker did not produce a hollow IAB.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi Ned,

You're right, I saw that the eagle looks like an M.K. design. But hinge, catch and hollow wasn't possible, so I let this way down.
    You confirmed I was on the good way, the fake.
    Thanks.

Greg.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Greg,

I believe this is an old fake that comes in various guises, but is known as the "M.K. 'hollow' design". The badge is quite distinctive being like that, as this maker did not produce a hollow IAB.

Regards, Ned.
    Actually, they did make a hollow IAB. A nickle silver and zinc.
    I don't believe they used this type of pin though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Actually, they did make a hollow IAB. A nickle silver and zinc.
    I don't believe they used this type of pin though.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph,

I wasn't aware they did. The only M.K. design's I'm aware of are M.K.1-7 marked types. Have you a picture or link for these two badges??

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry for the confusion Ned, I was talking about Wiedmann as per the original post, not M.K.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Greg

I agree with the others...this one is a fake and I remember seeing it for the first time some 8-10 years ago.

This particular hollow fake is referred to as the UK fake having originated out of Britain.
    The "T" style badge pin and larger hinge base reminds me of the Lily Pad set up found on some original ISA examples.

Here is one I have with a sheet metal hinge set up.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Also for clarity...Here is the MK/Zimmermann fake.
    The name originates from the closeness in design to the MK 1-7, MK in Triangle and FZS-Zimmermann solid ISA's.

Notice this one is a more believable design and it is a true hollow.
    The UK fake is more of a semi-hollow construction.

Also, the original MK and FZS ISA's were only constructed in a solid zinc pattern.

A wartime example of this obverse design in Hollow form never existed.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Quote by fischer View Post
    Also for clarity...Here is the MK/Zimmermann fake.
    The name originates from the closeness in design to the MK 1-7, MK in Triangle and FZS-Zimmermann solid ISA's.

Notice this one is a more believable design and it is a true hollow.
    The UK fake is more of a semi-hollow construction.

Also, the original MK and FZS ISA's were only constructed in a solid zinc pattern.

A wartime example of this obverse design in Hollow form never existed.

Best regards, fischer
    Hi mate, I think these fakes originate from the Hamburg area. I know of PKA's with the same hardware exist. I had one. Similar finish too. Stewy

?

Thank you for all your speedy answers!

Greg.