Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Another First For Me

Article about: That would be good, I'll keep my eyes open for them.

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Another First For Me

Hi guys, I just picked up this badge and wanted to get some opinions. I just went through Weber's book again and could not find anything that told me this is absolutely authentic. It does look a lot like a badge from Idar-Oberstein biggest difference that I noticed is my badge is convexed and there is no recess for the hing and catch. Also the catch opens in the opposite direction opposed to most others I have seen. To me it looks very good but I'm still learning. I did get it from someone I trust will stand behind everything he sells.
    Thanks
    Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  Another First For Me   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  Another First For Me  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  Another First For Me   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  Another First For Me  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  Another First For Me   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  Another First For Me  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  Another First For Me
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Another First For Me

It looks to me like a Sohni badge but it lacks the marking under the catch. There were a few makers who had the catch facing left and this was one of them. The eagles head is blunt and turned down which is good and 4 veins on the top right leaf is consistant. Also the hardware looks ok.

The lack of the mark suggests to me that is made from Sohni dies by another maker. I would say it is genuine.

What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks very much for the information! He was asking $80.00. I actually traded a couple knives for it.
    He got a good deal but I didn't have much in what I traded may be $30-40. I think we were both happy!
    I looked at some of the Sohni badges and you are right it does look very much the same. Thanks very
    much for your help.

Kirby

Hello Kirby

I agree it is an unmarked attributed ShuCo design 4 vein variant. As you have stated some of these have the recess for the hinge other examples do not.

For lack of any other book on the subject, the Weber book is a nice picture book. It is a very incomplete work lacking numerous known variants.

Here is my unmarked example to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  Another First For Me   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  Another First For Me  

fischer,
    Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate the photos.

Kirby

?

Quote by fischer View Post
    I agree it is an unmarked attributed ShuCo design 4 vein variant.
    I'm not very well up on the combat badges and the minor differences between them, can someone explain the '4 vein variant' please? I'm guessing it's a leaf feature but which one and why?
    Thanks in advance.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Take a close look at the top right leaf near the eagles wing. This variant has 4 veins in the leaf. There are badges with 5 veins and 6 veins on this particular leaf. It is thought the 4 leaf variant is a product of worn dies that were used to stamp that badges.

?

Quote by booboo252 View Post
    Take a close look at the top right leaf near the eagles wing. This variant has 4 veins in the leaf. There are badges with 5 veins and 6 veins on this particular leaf. It is thought the 4 leaf variant is a product of worn dies that were used to stamp that badges.
    Thank you for clarifying.
    From what you say, am I right in thinking that this maker produced badges with the 5 and 6 vein leaf as well as the one shown above?

As far as I am aware this particular maker only produced 4 and 5 vein variants. Other makers, i.e Assman amongst others, were producers of the 6 vein variant.

?

That's great, thank you.
    I'll have to get around to posting my examples soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast