Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie sturmabzeichen(BRONZE)???

Article about: Hello all you IAB experts,could you please help me with this one?Firstly is it a good one?Also does anyone know the manufacturer if it is a good one?All i can say about it is that it came wi

Default Infanterie sturmabzeichen(BRONZE)???

Hello all you IAB experts,could you please help me with this one?Firstly is it a good one?Also does anyone know the manufacturer if it is a good one?All i can say about it is that it came with a load of Feldposts, Thanks for any help, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie sturmabzeichen(BRONZE)???   Infanterie sturmabzeichen(BRONZE)???  

Infanterie sturmabzeichen(BRONZE)???   Infanterie sturmabzeichen(BRONZE)???  

Infanterie sturmabzeichen(BRONZE)???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie sturmabzeichen(BRONZE)???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Infanterie sturmabzeichen(BRONZE)???

The eagle looks like road kill or even had a clout from the deformed rifle butt and I'm not a fan of it, the material looks wrong too.

Wait for a few of the ISA collectors to add their thoughts.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Adrian,i know what you mean about the bird,looks more like a distressed owl to me!!As for the material,i have no idea about the bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen as i have never had one before.I only have this one as i wanted the Feldposts that came with it(about twenty) which are all from the same chap in infantry regiment 208,feldpost number 13420B between 1940/42 at which point he was killed near Charkow.Thanks for your thoughts, Leon
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 02-12-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Adrian,i know what you mean about the bird,looks more like a distressed owl to me!!As for the material,i have no idea about the bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen as i have never had one before.I only have this one as i wanted the Feldposts that came with it(about twenty) which are all from the same chap in infantry regiment 208,feldpost number 13420B between 1940/42 at which point he was killed near Charkow.Thanks for your thoughts, Leon
    Looking at this badge a bit more carefully i think that it is a "wrong 'un"! It seems to be made out of a base metal that is already coloured "bronze",and not coated with a bronze laquer. It also weighs a ton compared to my good Carl Wilde silver Infanterie Sturmabzeichen that is in another post. Unless they made these out of real bronze(ha ha)this one looks to be a no go imo.Just as well i was buying the feldposts,rather than the badge!!

Hi Leon

This one is a "wrong un" as you state. It is a Fantasy fake and not really based on any original Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.
    These have also been found stamped with the "UU" Wiedmann maker mark and have been found on reenactor sites.

I would be very skeptical of anything that came with this example and of the person who sold it.

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Leon

This one is a "wrong un" as you state. It is a Fantasy fake and not really based on any original Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.
    These have also been found stamped with the "UU" Wiedmann maker mark and have been found on reenactor sites.

I would be very skeptical of anything that came with this example and of the person who sold it.

Best Regards, fischer
    Hi Fischer,thanks alot for verifying the badge as a fake,the Feldposts that came with it are definatly legitimate period items,i just guess someone added this "cheap" fake to sex up the group!! Thanks again, Leon.