Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze.

Article about: Hi all, can someone tell me about this badge. It looks like someone tried to solder the hook back on. I can find no markings other than a funny shape on the back on the rifle buttstock. Any

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze.

Hi all, can someone tell me about this badge. It looks like someone tried to solder the hook back on. I can find no markings other than a funny shape on the back on the rifle buttstock. Any help is appreciated.
    Kevin

Last edited by rbminis; 11-19-2016 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology and to orient photos correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze.
    P
    Many

It's a nice silver original badge that has absorbed/lost the silver finish and as you point out a poor repair on the hook

Cheers
    Doug

?

Thank you. Anyone know the maker?

It's a SHuCo design 4 vein variant. Stewy

Looks like a SHuCo design 4 vein solid zincer with variant sheet metal hinge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Kevin

As the guys stated, this one is a S.H.u.Co. Design (4) vein ISA in silver grade.

This particular S.H.u.Co. Design variation has also been found with Eduard Hahn addressed packets.
    To date, the true manufacturer of this ISA is not known.

Unfortunately, the catch has been repaired at some point.
    This sheet metal hinge with the rectangular shaped formed base is a known type used by this maker(s) and can also be found on marked S.H.u.Co. examples as well.

Here is one I have that came with a Hahn addressed packet. Note it has the same wreath leaf vein pattern as yours.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze.  

?

Awsome, thanks everyone