Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Vienna Design, Soft Scoop.

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. The maker of this example is as of yet, unknown. It is referred to as a soft scoop or scooped K98. This example also is referred to as a "raised gui

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Vienna Design, Soft Scoop.

A new addition to my IAB collection.
    The maker of this example is as of yet, unknown. It is referred to as a soft scoop or scooped K98. This example also is referred to as a "raised guides variant". This example has absorbed most of the bronze finish and suffers a very little bit from zinc pest. It is one I did not have yet.
    Ralph.

Traces of the bronze finish can still be seen on the edges.

Last edited by rbminis; 06-26-2017 at 04:36 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Vienna Design, Soft Scoop.
    P
    Many

Nice find Ralph, quite a rare ISA especially in bronze. Shame there's not much finish left. Still a nice one to have though. Uncommon set up I believe. Stewy

nice badge Ralph.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Nice find Ralph, quite a rare ISA especially in bronze. Shame there's not much finish left. Still a nice one to have though. Uncommon set up I believe. Stewy
    Thanks Stewy!
    I have not seen this one very often and had to go look it up before I agreed to purchase it even though the source was unquestionable.
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice badge Ralph.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Always fun to acquire one that you don't have.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Always fun to acquire one that you don't have.
    Thank you Steve!
    Yes, it is.
    Ralph.

Very nice Vienna Design - Raised Guide variant Ralph...Congrats on adding this one!

As Stewy states, these examples are hard to track down.

In regards to which grade, my opinion would be silver.
    The badge does give the appearance of having a worn bronze finish, but I think this is either a brassy under-coating and/or yellowing with age.
    The tombak based hardware we see was used on both grades and is irrelevant in determining silver or bronze finish in this case.

In looking at your pics, I would say silver finish is still visible in the areas I have indicated.

Also, here is my example that I am sure is a silver grade as well. Note the frosted finish on the obverse in the recessed, protected areas.

Again, nice find my friend...

Best Regards, fischer

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Vienna Design, Soft Scoop.Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Vienna Design, Soft Scoop.Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Vienna Design, Soft Scoop.Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Vienna Design, Soft Scoop.

Good call Fischer, I think you may be right in hindsight. The hardware made me think bronze. Both silver & bronze are hard to find. Bronze being more tricky IMO. Stewy

Thank you for posting your opinion fischer!
    I guess I'll have to do a little editing. Since you posted, I have looked again and I do see traces of silver finish in the protected areas.
    Since either grade is difficult to acquire, I am happy that I was able to get this one.
    Ralph.