Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen documentation

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I am looking for some good documentation on the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. I already own the book from Sasha Weber (in german unfortunately), and I am looking for more knowl

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen documentation

Hello gentlemen,
    I am looking for some good documentation on the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.
    I already own the book from Sasha Weber (in german unfortunately), and I am looking for more knowledges.
    I ve searched some book references in the forum but I have not found any other reference.

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen documentation
    P
    Many

Rapace,

What type of documentation are you seeking? Here is a link to another book. Not specifically dedicated to just the IAB, but it may have more of what you are looking for..

THE AWARDS OF THE HEER - VOLUME 1

Another reference book:
    Assault Badges of the German Army in World War II by Rolf Michaelis

Another well known individual is Detlev Niemann. He has some very good reference books on TR awards...

Hope this helps you out...

Best Regards

Smitty

I am seeking books focused on the IAB.
    Thanks you for your help Rakkasan, I will go and check Detlev Niemann !

You are quite welcome.. I have a copy of volume 3 of Detlev Niemann's book and it is quite heavy and has a lot of pictures of fronts and backs of the awards..

Just to give you an idea, here are some pictures that I posted for another member seeking information about Luftwaffe badges, but you can see the many pictures of each decoration presented...

As an afterthought.. I started collecting 47 years ago and back then there were decent reference books that covered a wide variety of TR awards and decorations all in one volume. But I must say that as collectors have started to focus on particular areas such as in your case with the IAB, it is refreshing to see dedicated reference books being written by some great individuals who have invested all their time and dedication to ensuring collectors have the most information possible on a specific badge or decoration...

I hope this helps you..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen documentation   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen documentation  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen documentation   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen documentation  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen documentation   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen documentation  

Thank you for your nice pictures !

Smitty

At a cost that is far less than any book you will find, and, contains more focused and larger photos than any book, you can become a Gold Club member and have access to the data base that I have started. I do not have all of the possible IABs but, those I do have, and any contributed by other members are accessible to Gold Club members.
    This thread contains a list, and links to the data base threads with descriptions and good photos of the IABs that are there.
    If any member wishes to contribute to the Infantrie Sturmabzeichen Data Base.
    Becoming a Gold Club member also gives you access to any of the data bases on this forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Rapace32....

Great advice from one of the esteemed members here....

Smitty