Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?

Article about: Hi Guys my name is Gerry and i am new to this forum. I hope to profit from your knowledge to find out if my infantry badge is a real one. I know it is a Deschler piece and stemped L 10 but t

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?

Hi Guys my name is Gerry and i am new to this forum.
    I hope to profit from your knowledge to find out if my infantry badge is a real one.
    I know it is a Deschler piece and stemped L 10 but to me the pin and hinge look strange.. but what do i know..
    I hope to get help on this one . Thanks a lot!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?  

Last edited by rbminis; 07-18-2017 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?
    P
    Many

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

IMO, It's FAKE.

Quote by ryuuk View Post
    IMO, It's FAKE.
    Can you explain why it is a fake?

?

I think, it's Staegemeir's fake. I see "red flags" - the same bubbles on the reverse. By the way, the photo at the beginning of the topic is taken from his site, IMO.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?

I have two IAB unmarked. Never thought of researching them. I think I will now. Seems like a lot of work, there were so many makers of these.
    Don't zinc badges bubble ? Thought that was what "zinc pests" were.

Welcome to the forum Gerry !!

A very interesting badge. At a glance I d say original just looking at detail reverse set up and patina. But you are correct about the Deschler LDO at least from my research. But searching past threads no L/10 IAB's jump up? Looking at a previous post the badge in question closely resembles this "dished appearance" Mueller example pictured in center post #11. That alone is suspect enough for me. But best wait for Fischer Ned or Stewey. Welcome to the forum best regards.

Brian

Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen

The pin is not a Deschler pin and the maker's mark should be in relief, not stamped into the reverse.
    From this single photo of the reverse, the head resembles an "egghead" more than a Deschler.
    Ralph.

The scooped rifle is acceptable, no sense comparing a Mueller with a Deschler, IMO.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by ryuuk View Post
    I think, it's Staegemeir's fake. I see "red flags" - the same bubbles on the reverse. By the way, the photo at the beginning of the topic is taken from his site, IMO.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?
    I agree. BOTH the photo's shown in the OP are actually taken from the Staegemeir catalogue and are NOT the new members own images. I have a feeling someone is playing silly buggers here.

Watch him.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The pin is not a Deschler pin and the maker's mark should be in relief, not stamped into the reverse.
    From this single photo of the reverse, the head resembles an "egghead" more than a Deschler.
    Ralph.

The scooped rifle is acceptable, no sense comparing a Mueller with a Deschler, IMO.
    Sorry Ralph. My observation was that I could not find a scooped Deschler IAB. And that reverse of the Mueller more closely resembles the badge in the OP. Did Deschler make a scooped variant? I'm not trying to beat a dead horse I'd just like to know for future reference. Thanks in advance best regards.

Brian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast