Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen FCL Design

Article about: Hello, Here I would like to your opinions on the piece. It can not agree whether good or not many. What the experts think? Thanks in advance!

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen FCL Design

Hello,

Here I would like to your opinions on the piece.
    It can not agree whether good or not many.

What the experts think?

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen FCL Design   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen FCL Design  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen FCL Design   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen FCL Design  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen FCL Design
    P
    Many

looks ok to me ,a 5 stem badge.

I am not familiar with this variant with the border around the block hinge. I not sure about the catch either, possible replacement?
    Best wait for fischer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I thank you for your answers.
    Let's see what the others say.

I have no problems with it being an unmessed with late badge by Franke & Co., the sloppy (or efficiently rugged, depending how you look at it) soldering job is consistently seen on these in my opinion. But it would be best to wait for fischer, Stewy or Saladin to give their views on it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello Steinar,
    Ned has nailed this badge in one.
    It is indeed a genuine late solid zink Franke and Co. F&CL.

That unusual soldering at the top was done after the flat loopy plate type of crimped in hinge that the pin just went through continually failed and the square block you see below is the residue of that original fitting.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen FCL Design

The hook was weakly attached and it looks as though yours may have had an additional bit of solder added to reinforce it.

Other than that it is a nice looking badge and I would add it to my collection

All the best
    Doug

Doug,I think these variants weren't as late war as you think. Fisher, my mate will know for sure. Stewy

Thank you for your help and your opinions.

Saladin, thanks for the explanation!

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Doug,I think these variants weren't as late war as you think. Fisher, my mate will know for sure. Stewy
    I agree mate, the original badge has a small tombak block hinge in a rectangular recess rather than a crimped in type. The lack of a copper base coating for better adherence prior to the finish being applied made me think this was a later version that received only a basic wash finish.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Guys

My opinion is this one is an unmarked Franke & Co., Lüdenscheid design or FCL for short.
    I also agree with Stewy and this one is most likely a 1942-43 produced example.

The hardware set up is original to the badge and has not been repaired or replaced.
    The raised guide for the Block hinge and the sloppy soldering around the "?" style catch are known attributes for this variant.

These also have a black or reddish colored undercoating before the electroplate finish was applied...albeit, even with the primer, the finish still did not adhere very well.

See the example I have posted...it has a raised guide for hinge placement, sloppy soldering around the catch and most of the finish has worn away.

I'm also of the opinion that the badge that started this thread has been cleaned of the black undercoating with only small residual areas remaining.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen FCL Design   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen FCL Design  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast