Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. Good or bad

Article about: Sorry for the blurry photos, my usual camera is down. Broken pin on badge, I do not have it.

G43
    ?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. Good or bad

Sorry for the blurry photos, my usual camera is down. Broken pin on badge, I do not have it.

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. Good or badInfanterie Sturmabzeichen. Good or badInfanterie Sturmabzeichen. Good or badInfanterie Sturmabzeichen. Good or badInfanterie Sturmabzeichen. Good or badInfanterie Sturmabzeichen. Good or bad
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-21-2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. Good or bad
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infantry Assault badge Good or bad

Hello G43

This one looks to be a Mold Injected Assmann number 3 variant in bronze grade.

Would like to see better pics if possible, shame about the pin.
    It also looks to have some zinc pest at the bottom of the sling, might want to give it a Vaseline bath.

Best Regards, fischer

G43
    ?

Thats great that it is real, I was unsure because it was at a flea market with no militaria and this was just in a cigar box with random pins, so I was suspicious.

Yep,i think Fischer's spot on. If & when you get better pics please post them. Stewy

?

Fischer, could you please give more detail about the vaseline 'bath'. I believe someone gave me info a couple months back but I cannot find it now.
    Do you rub vaseline in with a q-tip swab? If so, how long do you leave it one and how do you get it off?

?

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. Good or bad

On an area where there is zinc pest, rub on some vaseline, Q-Tip or finger will do, leave it for a day or two and the rub any excess off. As long as your badge is kept dust free it won't hurt to leave a thin covering over the affected area.
    It will not restore the badge back to original glory but it is believed to help slow down or stop the zinc pest progressing.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....