Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the maker

Article about: Hello all, I wanted to get your opinions about this Zinc Infanterie Sturmabzeichen i'm looking at buying. There are no maker marks that i can see. Looks like this is dug up. The catch and th

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the maker

Hello all,

I wanted to get your opinions about this Zinc Infanterie Sturmabzeichen i'm looking at buying. There are no maker marks that i can see. Looks like this is dug up. The catch and the hinge are a little strange to me.

Thank you

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the makerInfanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the makerInfanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the makerInfanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the makerInfanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the makerInfanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the makerInfanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the makerInfanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the makerInfanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the maker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the maker
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the maker

I think the catch and pin may have been replaced and then aged, the badge itself looks ok, although I'm not sure as the eagle looks odd. Wait for the pros though.

Happy collecting,
    Caleb.

Hi wildkatz,

It's a ground dug Gottlieb & Wagner Infanterie Sturmabzeichen with the waffle type crimp on the hinge. Here's what one that's faired better looks like.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the maker   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the maker  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the maker  
    Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Help identify the maker 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

An original ground dug badge with the distinctive rear set up as pointed out by Ned. A shame about the condition but if you collect relics then no problem.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Original.

Hi Guys

I agree with Ned, this one is a ShuCo Design attributed to the firm of Gottlieb & Wagner. These examples have been found with the blue material paper packets addressed to G&W, Oberstein.

Best Regards, fischer

Hi again guys, so sorry for the silence. Have been away for a while.

I want to thank you everyone for their comments.

Ned, Thank you very much for your comment and posting a picture of a good badge, nice to see how it would have looked in prestine condition. IT was great to find out the maker as well.

Adrian, thank you very much for your comment. I'm still starting my collection and this is my 2nd Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. So i thought it was ok to have a ground dug badge as well, especially since it was $50.

Thank you very much to all once again

Hello TJ,
    I do not own any ground dug awards as I feel that they should have stayed with the fallen and I generally don't like the condition.
    Aside from that, you could have had one in a similar or better condition to the one that Ned posted for about twice what you paid for this one.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-06-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph. This is one of the badges that I want to buy. But i'm sure you know the feeling, I feel like there is not enough money in the world to buy these medals.