Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen id needed

Article about: just picked this up, looks like a zincer, deshler? or egghead? solder and repair on hardware any help gents?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen id needed

just picked this up, looks like a zincer, deshler? or egghead?
    solder and repair on hardware
    any help gents?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen id neededInfanterie Sturmabzeichen id neededInfanterie Sturmabzeichen id neededInfanterie Sturmabzeichen id neededInfanterie Sturmabzeichen id needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen id needed
    P
    Many

Default re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen id needed

Hi Chuck

This one looks to be an unmarked attributed ShuCo design. From these pics I cannot tell if the hardware has been repaired. I have seen these before with sloppy solder jobs.

Here is one of mine, close but not exactly the same...I think they are out of different obverse dies and the hardware attachment is different.

If possible straight up and down pics avoiding angled shots are always best...even better are scans...

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen id needed   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen id needed  

Default re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen id needed

ha bro ya know what i had been looking at the hardware and had seen under the sloppy solder,
    the plate the hinge is attatched to kinda looked like a hexagonal shaped plate.same with the pin catch at the bottom , same angles and just covered in solder. coulda been repaired, but i am content with the info " i had been looking for ones like it"couldnt find em.

top mark for nailing that one, thank you much!

?

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen id needed

I agree with the ShuCo identification by Fischer. It is worth noting that a good rule of thumb, but by no means 'the' way to identify these badges, is that the catch is usually facing the opposite way to most other badges.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen id needed

Hi Fischer,you're the ISA master as far as i'm concerned. But the award that started this thread has me worried. If it's an original nevermind the sloppy soldering,the shadowing around the rifle bolt looks odd. Could it be a real late war one? What you think mate? Stewy