Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co

Article about: Good afternoon guys, yesterday I went to a small militaria fair and there I bought the first Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for my collection. I saw a lot of great stuff at the fair and had some

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co

Good afternoon guys,

yesterday I went to a small militaria fair and there I bought the first Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for my collection.
    I saw a lot of great stuff at the fair and had some trouble deciding what to get. Finally I decided to go for an Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and an Erkennungsmarke, wich will be posted on the EKM sub forum.

I went through the ISA database (thank you Ralph!) and I think I have a possible ID for my example. I believe mine is a zinc ISA attributed to Joseph Bergs & Co. There is a little bit of corrosion and I have allready treated this. I tried to take some nice clear photo's, so enjoy.

Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co  

Last edited by Rik.S; 02-18-2018 at 08:01 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co
    P
    Many

Very nice ISA, I would also say that maker is Joseph Bergs & CO. Excellent specimen. Its a great find and purchase, congratulations.
    Best regards,
    Franko

?

Thank you very much for your reply Franjo.

Congratulations on your first Rik!
    I'm sure it won't be your last.
    Not in the best condition, but an unrepaired original. A little Vaseline bath would help this one.
    Glad I could help!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you Ralph. It is indeed not in the best condition, but at least the catch is not broken. A lot I saw yesterday were missing the catch.
    I think you are right, it is an awesome award and I don't think this will be my last.

The vaseline bath was the first thing I did after taking the pictures.

Regards, Rik

I think that condition is good, not the best of course, but still its a very nice worn example.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Hello

I agree with the others...this one is an original and attributed to the firm Josef Bergs & Co.

It is an unmarked example and is a 5-vein variant (see wreath leaf 2L).
    It has the smaller leaf stippling detail and a concave reverse.

The ball hinge hardware is typical of the Gablonz makers.

Here is one I have to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co  

Greetings to all comrades ! Here's my Josef Bergs & Co. , raised in Belarus last year, great design.....Very detailed (leaves , acorns , eagle)good brat...Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & CoInfanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & CoInfanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & CoInfanterie Sturmabzeichen by Joseph Bergs & Co