Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen MK1 Bronze

Article about: I have been the caretaker of this award, along with a box of other WWII US items, while the owner was dealing with his elderly father who was the veteran who brought this award home. Yesterd

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen MK1 Bronze

I have been the caretaker of this award, along with a box of other WWII US items, while the owner was dealing with his elderly father who was the veteran who brought this award home. Yesterday, I officially became the owner of the award as his father has since passed. I'm not an award collector but this is a very nice award, I think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1374.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	764976

Name:	DSC_1383.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	764977

Name:	DSC_1386.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	764978

Name:	DSC_1387.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	764979

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Nice find, congrats. Stewy

I'm not great with awards, but it looks great! I have no worries about your appreciation and respect for your new found things. I know we get to see the other US items as well? Did you ever get to speak to the vet?

I never got to speak to the vet as he was steadily going downhill. His son said he never spoke of it anyway, not even where he picked up the awards. He had a cased K&Q EKI that I bought from him (the son) some years back. He had been hanging onto this IAB and a zinc 65 wound badge but just now sold me this IAB and gave me the wound badge. He tried to just give me the IAB for nothing but I wouldn't accept it without paying him something. The US stuff went back to him for now. If he and his wife decide they don't want it for good than it's mine if I want it. Mostly common ribbons and a couple photo albums. Nothing earth shattering.

Hello

A very nice M.K. 1 in bronze you have acquired, congrats...

There are a series of seven (M.K. 1, M.K. 2, etc.) marked examples and most theorize these were produced by a "working group of manufacturers" or the A.G.M.u.K. from the Gablonz area.

I refer to this particular group of Gablonz made ISA's as Design Group 1.
    They are noted for the flat topped head sculpt of the Eagle and this feature is often referred to as the MK Design Adler.

The M.K. 1 is the most frequently encountered (relatively speaking) of the 1-7 series, but finding one in splendid condition like this yours can be difficult.

Best regards, fischer

Thanks for the info, fischer. Awards aren't my thing but I can appreciate the subtle differences and variations in design.

that's a lovely one,great on detail.ie acorn cups.