Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - non maker marked. help on ID, good one or bad one?

Article about: Gents, I have a little something I need your help with. I am buying from an honest guy who is on this forum. He's never posted it here for review so I am just covering my bases. Any help wou

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - non maker marked. help on ID, good one or bad one?

Gents,

I have a little something I need your help with. I am buying from an honest guy who is on this forum. He's never posted it here for review so I am just covering my bases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in knowing what makes this a good one or bad one, whatever the case may be. I want to build my ID skills.

Thanks,
    Tyler

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0493.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	310.9 KB 
ID:	838008Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0495.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	315.5 KB 
ID:	838009

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hello Tyler

This example is attributed to the firm of Steinhauer & Lück, Lüdenscheid and is the so-called crimped in variant due to the hardware attachment method.

The S&L attribution for this ISA as well as the other purported S&L examples derives from deduction and forensics.
    Also, S&L addressed Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen packets, wartime S&L documentation and period S&L catalog with images of an ISA show this firm made them available for purchase.

For me, originality authentication (for this variant) is determined by comparing obverse design details and patterns, the reverse cut-out patterns and the hardware crimping method.
    Base material textures is another area I look at when evaluating zinc examples.

The best way to learn good from bad is to study as many badges as you can. Learn the attributes of each; hardware set-ups, attachment details, wreath leaf/vein patterns, etc. and compare these to other known originals. My method was to build a file system containing both accepted originals and fakes for each ISA and look for variation between the two.

Best Regards, fischer

Thank you Fischer. I searched the maker on the forum and I see that this example has the crimped in hardware as the others do. Looks like I have a little bit of silver wash left on the eagle, but not much otherwise.

Thanks again for the information. One more badge ID under my belt

Kind Regards,
    Tyler

Thank you Fischer for your excellent post, much appreciated and learned! Nice badge for sure, it's getting tougher to find them with the Silver Wash intact, and I've watched prices for ISA's shoot through the roof over the years...
    Well done on a beautiful score,
    cheers, Glenn
    -Mehr sein als scheinen-

Hi there. My mate Fischer is spot on as always. If Fischer couldn't help I'd be amazed. If you do a search on the forum you'll find a few examples. My silver & bronze variants of this ISA are here somewhere. Congrats on a nice find. Stewy

Thanks all for the kind words, information and support. Now in need a K98k to go with the badge. Maybe a Russian capture as I want to shoot it