Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)

Article about: I would pass on this one if its not in your collection yet. Wiedman is a very common maker, the condition of the abdge is not great, I am not even not sure that the whole badge is good as th

Default Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)

Hello,a bit boring i know but i would just like some opinions on this one.The needle pin is very thin and flexable(more like a thick wire!)Is this of a type any of you guys have come accross before?Also the award itself is quite a thinly struck peice.My guess is late war or reproduction but i would like to know for sure.Thanks in advance for your ideas on this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)   Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  

Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)

It looks like a good Wiedmann. Fischer or Janos will be able to tell you more and confirm my thoughts (or not!).
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-27-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Typo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Original solid zinc Wiedmann, I don't like the set-up, similar to the wrap around hinge variant, but the pin and catch is wrong and seeing the same colour of the hinge, catch I would say the hinge is replaced too.

looks ok to me.

?

If the hardware is replaced I would suggest it's an old repair and possibly wartime. It wouldn't put me off buying it.....

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes a good one no problem with the pin.
    Morris

I agree with the others, the badge itself looks to be a good solid Wiedmann.

The hardware as mentioned is strange and I have not seen this set up before. The hinge looks like a lily pad type hinge with a trimmed base. The small catch plate and round wire catch I have not seen on a Wiedmann. The smallish pics are no help in making a determination.

Are clear, close-up, larger pics of both the hinge and catch areas possible?

Best Regards, fischer

Here are some close ups, it is an odd badge is'nt it! I can't see any signs of there having ever been another set of hardware on it but if it was repaired 70 years ago i'm not suprised.
    Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions) 

Thanks for the additional pics...this one is odd.

Is this the true color of the badge? In looking at pic one, the head sculpt is very thin.
    I do like the catch and after looking through my files, have seen another Wiedmann with one like it.

Could you please post pics like the ones below? Try to make the the image larger in size...1000-1400 pixels with the same lighting as your second set.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)   Infanterie-sturmabzeichen(opinions)  

Here you go,taken on the window sill like the second set!!Also i forgot to say that there is absolutly no wash left on this award but i'm sure you can see that for yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast