MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinions

Article about: Thought by one to be a "copy" because" details too good,overall looks like never worn and clip and base look suspicious". I note the huge glob of solder at the clasp, but

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinions

Thought by one to be a "copy" because" details too good,overall looks like never worn and clip and base look suspicious". I note the huge glob of solder at the clasp, but think it's a nice badge and a good one. What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinions   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinions
    P
    Many

Hi Snoman,

It would be useful to be able to see the eagles head. That's a major part of what to look for on many combat badges, but is often lacking in your photo's. Please don't take that as a critisism, it's just a polite request.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

This should help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinions  

Franke & Co? Whether good or bad I don't really know......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello

Ned is correct and this one is a Dr. Franke & Co., Lüdenscheid ISA and I believe a good one.

There are fakes of the FCL examples, but this one does not have the tell-tale indicators of the FCL fakes.

It is my opinion this one is the brassy/chrome finished example
    The excessive solder around the "?" style catch is a common attribute of these unmarked, block hinge variants.

Here is mine to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinions   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinions  

looks nice.