Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed

Article about: Hello, I bought this Bronze Infantry Badge from a trusted militaria dealer. It looks good to me but when I compared it to my Silver version I noticed a slight difference in the detail of the

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed

Hello, I bought this Bronze Infantry Badge from a trusted militaria dealer. It looks good to me but when I compared it to my Silver version I noticed a slight difference in the detail of the eagle head and feathers. Can anyone advise if they see anything bad about the badge. Maker marked FLL. thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed

Hi mate,there are a couple of things i'm wary of. Can you get some pics of the catch & hinge please. Stewy S

?

Thanks Stewy, here are a few more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Opinions Needed  

It's fine mate. A later war zinc. Stewy S

?

I'm glad to hear that Stewy ! I've got to learn the variations in detail between makers and late war vs early production. Cheers, Al.

No worries Al,it's a bronze. In hand could the pin be a replacement? Hard to tell from pics,not that there's anything wrong with 'em. But in hand is always better. Stewy S

Just to add,bronzes are hard to come by. So,nice one. Stewy S

I agree it's a very nice and good FLL bronze grade...

This variant is considered a middle production example coming after the hollow and unmarked massive but before the crimped in hardware massive and the late war zinc hollow

The bronze grade finishes on these solids will very between a golden finish (like yours) an Olive finish and a Greeny looking finish. This difference in color could be attributed to different finish types or possibly the bronze aged differently.

Here are two of my bronze FLL mm examples...one golden color the other olive.

BR, fischer