Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions Please

Article about: Good evening, I have been offered this grouping for sale of a mini west wall medal bar device and an ISA. Could I please have your opinions on the ISA - I know that it is rather salty. Corre

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions Please

Good evening,

I have been offered this grouping for sale of a mini west wall medal bar device and an ISA.

Could I please have your opinions on the ISA - I know that it is rather salty.

Correct me if I am wrong but I do recall seeing a similar 'broken' badge worn during the period by a noticeable recipient?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions Please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Hi mate, not the best of pics. But I'd pass on it. It's never been in the ground IMO. Stewy

The only way it would or possibly could look like that, would be if it was found whilst "beach-combing". Sorry, Stewy

Hi Stewy,

Thank you for your opinion.

I don't believe it to be a relic - perhaps the damage was field done? I am terrible when it comes to authenticating combat badges and there are many well made fakes.

Thank you, Glen.

Hi Glen

The Infanterie Sturmabzeichen looks to be an attributed Berg & Nolte, Lüdenscheid example.
    As stated, the pics are not the best especially of the head sculpt of the Adler. Close-ups of the Eagle (obverse and reverse) would assist in judging originality.

I believe the photo you are referring to is the guy in my Avatar.

In regards to to the broken wreath, there have been several stories that have never been authenticated.
    I have heard the missing portion of the wreath was buried with a fallen comrade.
    Also, it was the sign of a Veteran soldier.

I have noticed the examples with the broken wreath are always a zinc hollow example.
    To me, this is most likely due to the rigors of combat. The thin, zinc hollow badges are fragile.

Plus, if the stories were true we would see Buntmetal examples as well as the zinc hollows.

Here is my B&NL to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions Please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions Please  

And, a couple of zinc hollow examples I have with the broken wreath.

First, a BHMayer/Schickle Design and the second is an attributed to Deumer.

Best regards, fischer

Hi Fischer,

Thank you for this information! Yes it was your thread that I had read concerning the broken award - an interesting story.

I will try to get some better pictures.

Thank you, Glen.

I have been given some additional pictures - are these any better?

Thank you, Glen.

Hi Glen

These are not much of an improvement. Can he provide a close up like this?

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions Please  

Hi Fischer,

I hope that these are more useful.

Thank you, Glen.

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions Please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions Please  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast