Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please

Article about: Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. I'm not too sure whether I will go for this one, reasons as pointed out above. Tom

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please

I think this is possibly a good one IMO, but thought it better to ask you guys. Any help greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Tom
    PS
    Again, excuse the quality of photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please

Not, as you say Tom, the best quality pictures. But i don't like the pin
    It is difficult to judge to be honest

Thank you John. I know, the photo quality leaves a lot to be desired, but it's all I have and believe me this is the best you get from this seller.
    Not saying that all his stuff is dodgy, I have gotten a lot of good items from him in the past, but there were also pieces I passed on due to them being fake.
    As a matter of interest, are there any fake badges made of zinc floating around?
    Tom

I'd pass on this due to:

(a) bad photos
    (b) strange looking hinge
    (c) strange looking pin

Theres no shortage of nice quality awards around so why take risks if you don't have to?

Glenn

?

Looks like an original block hinge Deumer.

If we're going to be making guesses based on the poor quality photos then I'd lean towards an unmarked FLL given the narrow hinge and what could possibly be the distinctive round impression on the rear of the rifle but as the photos are so bad, who can say?

'When in doubt...opt out'

?

I'm not sure it's a depression but because there seems to be an area of zinc pest on the obverse and reverse in that area it looks more like a 'clean' patch on the rear rifle butt.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Its not an FLL that has totally different swastika and sharper bajonet.
    This badge is also called as deformed leaf, because of the oak leaf on the right.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please
    Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please 

I agree with Janos...This is not an FLL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.

This badge has been attributed to Duemer recently, although solid conclusive proof has yet to be established.

This one is referred to by collectors as a Deformed Leaf variant (the area Janos circled is where this badge gets it's name) for ease of identification.

The pics are poor and this variant has been faked in the past, although I have not seen it with the block hinge set up. The catch plate should be the shape of a half moon and a cut out it fits into. The catch is attached to the plate...and yes, there are fake zinc badges about.

My answer is more general information on the Deformed Leaf Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's than on your particular badge Tom.

With the poor pics and the zinc pest that Adrian pointed out, I would agree with Glenn and pass on this one. The Deformed Leaf examples are pretty common and I would wait for a better conditioned one with better pics to ensure originality.

Here is my Deformed Leaf with block hinge to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please  

?

Hi Tom. I have one in almost the exact same condition as yours. Mine is a Bronze example Deumer Deformed Leaf type. As Janos has shown, this is one of the easier ones to spot because of the leaf.
    As for the pin/catch....I dont know what people saw wrong with them, as this is typical hardware to see from Deumer. That is one reason it is attributed to this maker
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Opinions please  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast