Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen opinions sought.

Article about: Hi Folks, I have been offered the following Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and I would like your opinion on it. I have searched through many photos online and I have not seen hardware like this.

usergrp
    ?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen opinions sought.

Hi Folks,

I have been offered the following Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and I would like your opinion on it. I have searched through many photos online and I have not seen hardware like this. I originally discounted it because of that, but then I saw a waffle-crimped BSW Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (and how different that was) and it made me reconsider.

Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen opinions sought.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen opinions sought.  

Last edited by Adrian; 05-14-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS

Default Re: IAB opinions sought

looks good to me,,,now for the price?...

?

It's an original example, this type of reverse hardware is known as 'pillow crimp'.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello

I agree with the others, this is an original example from an unknown maker referred to by collectors as a "Pillow Crimp".

This IAB belongs to the Vienna Design family that includes the following known makers due to the "like" design.

R. Souval
    F. Orth
    GR&Co
    W. Hobacher

There are also other unknown examples that belong to the Vienna Design family such as the "Cupal" or copper / aluminum IAB.

Here are my Pillow Crimp examples to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen opinions sought.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen opinions sought.  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen opinions sought.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen opinions sought.  

Again, great badges Fischer. The bronze is outstanding! I cannot recall seeing one in such condition.

super condition badges,,,

Quote by usergrp View Post
    Hi Folks,

I have searched through many photos online and I have not seen hardware like this. I originally discounted it because of that, but then I saw a waffle-crimped BSW Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (and how different that was) and it made me reconsider.
    One of my dad's brothers sent one of the same type back to the US in 1945, and I uncovered it still in its heavy mailing envelope inside an old chest of family papers in the late 1960's. That one was missing the catch (it truly looked like it never had one to begin with), but was otherwise a very nice example. I had it for many years but returned it to him shortly before he passed away.

Congratulations on that one.