Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons

Article about: Steel IAB. Something odd about the lower prong on the swastika on this one. Is this typical? Thanks!

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons

Steel IAB.

Something odd about the lower prong on the swastika on this one, kind of sags into a point. Is this typical? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons
    P
    Many

Hi Scott,

That's a nice 5 vein S.H.u.Co design hollow steel badge in silver. The fact that it's steel helps it retain it's finish, and this one's a good example, not a common type either.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Interesting. Thanks Ned! I was betting on this one being off. Too bad they're asking is $295. I'll keep an eye on it, maybe he'll go down more.

There's an identical one just gone up on the WAF Estand 2 hours ago, repaired catch, finish not so good as this one, but $120.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hmmm...yeah I see that. How big of a deal are those catch and pin repairs on the value of these?

Halve it at least.

The repair is tidy and for $120 that won't last long imo.

Thanks for the help Ned. For comparison, what would you consider a good price on the better conditioned one above?

Hello Scott,
    I have been watching the first one you posted since it was posted for sale. I don't think Eddie will come down to what I consider a reasonable price. I believe he paid a premium to acquire some of his mintier items and is now trying to get his money plus some back. Some of his less minty items sold for a reasonable price a while ago but I wouldn't hold my breath. That one would be for the collector who is looking for a minty example to fill a void in his collection.
    JMHO
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Scott,

I wouldn't like to say as i'm not experienced in buying these. But I would think it will be higher than the norm as you may well have to wait a good while for another this nice to crop up. Then again, I would say that at $295 that's top dollar money, and it's true value is quite a bit less, but you'll have to wait for others more in the know for some idea on that.

Regards, Ned.

Ralph, Ned, thanks! I looked at a few dealers, and they range in the $140-170 for zinc based badges that aren't this nice. I'm sure steel based is going to be worth more. Maybe he'll get to the $250 range at some point. My plan is really to typically acquire only one minty version of the badges, to have as my example, which makes this one really appealing, but just too expensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast