Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons

Article about: I've been on the look out for a minty IAB for a while now, and this one showed up today. Seller wants about \\$280 which seems like it's on the higher end. Does everything look in order on thi

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons

Hope everyone (who celebrates) had a Merry Christmas!

I've been on the look out for a minty IAB for a while now, and this one showed up today. Seller wants about $280 which seems like it's on the higher end. Does everything look in order on this one?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons
    P
    Many

it looks ok,but see what others say.

Hi Scott,

It looks o.k. to me as well, a Nickel Silver IAB by Juncker which is a must have as far as IAB collectors go. Not sure about the price, I saw a similar one but with a replaced pin go for just over $200 a week or so ago. This one appears quite worn to me looking at the rounded edges of the swastika and other areas so I would wait for more experienced guys like fischer or Stewy to comment on all the aspects first.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned! I'll wait to hear from them. If I have to wait longer, I can. I've waited this long.

Hi Scott

Ned is correct and this one is attributed to the Juncker Firm and is a Nickel Silver based ISA.

The badge itself looks OK, but I would ask for side pics of the hinge area where the tensioner foot touches the reverse of the badge.
    The badge pin (at the scrape) where it curves around the hinge pin forming the "Sheppard's Hook" shape looks a little odd to me.

In regards to the price...Junckers are quite popular with collectors and this is the reason these Nickel Silver beauties demand the prices they do.
    But, they are also pretty common when compared to some of the other ISA's. Because of this, a collector can afford "patience" when shopping for a Juncker example.

For this particular Juncker, the $280.00 price tag is correct IMO as long as the pin has not been messed with.

For comparison purposes, you can check some of the on-line dealers merchandise.
    There is a large dealer located in Germany who currently has two NS Juncker ISA's listed for sale.
    One is 295 euros and the other is 315 euros.

Good Hunting!

Best regards, fischer

Thank you Fischer! That helps a lot. I'll ask for photos of the hinge from the side, and see what it looks like.

Fischer, do you agree with Ned that it looks a bit worn? I'm not yet a type collector, and just want one example in as minty (non-zinc) condition as possible. So, for me at least, condition carries more weight than maker.

The seller provided some new photos:

Thanks gents!!!

Hi Scott

Thanks for the additional pics. I am still not certain if the pin has been replaced or not.
    I have seen the sales thread and all of the pics are bad. Even phone cameras take better pictures than these.

If you are looking for a Minty buntmetal example, I would say this NS Juncker is not the one.
    Of course, most NS Juncker ISA's have a worn look which is part of their charm.

If a minty example is what you are after and the maker is no concern, you might consider a BHMayer/Schickle Design or an attributed Wilhelm Deumer hollow. Both are relatively common, normally cheaper than Junckers and minty examples are can be found.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, fischer

PS> Here are a couple of NS Junckers I have with the last one being the rarer flat catch variation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons  

Thanks Fischer! I really love that first badge, as it's right along the lines of what I'm looking for in overall good condition. I guess I'd rather go with what you and Ned have said, and keep looking. I want to know I'm picking up the right badge for my collection, and this one has too many questions around it leaving too much guess work. I'll keep a lookout for those makers you mentioned too, along with the ShuCo versions I've had my eye out for. I know one will pop up for me eventually!

Thanks again!