Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Repaired ?

Article about: Looking for a second opinion on this badge. I am still in school with these German badges. Looks like a re-soldered pin. Wondering what the board members thought. Thanks John

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Repaired ?

Looking for a second opinion on this badge. I am still in school with these German badges. Looks like a re-soldered pin. Wondering what the board members thought. Thanks

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Repaired ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Repaired ?
    P
    Many

?

More photo's would help. Straight on photo's of the hinge and catch and of the obverse.
    It's all about the details.

Regards, Rik

agree...can't see it

There is another pic of back but don't have the badge in my hand for other angles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Repaired ?  

MAP
    ?

Still can't see much. Are you asking if the Catch or Hinge was re-soldered or both.

I would suspect that the Hinge is just remnants of the silver wash which adheres much better to the steel Hinge and is not absorbed like the zinc. The catch, I can't tell.

Again..better photos (like this) would help. Not saying they have to be this high quality but they should be close enough to make a proper determination.

1st Pattern Schwerin Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen Tombak
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)