Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Here's the 2nd of 3 Infantry Assault badges that came in a recent collection purchase. I look forward to hearing what people think regarding this badge. All the best, D

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber

Here's the 2nd of 3 Infantry Assault badges that came in a recent collection purchase. I look forward to hearing what people think regarding this badge.
    All the best,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-10-2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

No opinions?

Hello Damian,
    This one appears to be a good Rudolph Karneth.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi rbminis,
    I am quite amazed as I would have put it down as a wrong one.
    D

I am quite sure that all three are good. I just don't have the time to look them up right now. Be patient, fischer, Ned or Stewy will be able to help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi rbminis,
    Thanks and yes I can wait, not a problem.
    D.

its ok.

Eagle is wrong for an RK, going on the pics. Catch is not Karneth style, could be a repair. Also the reverse is odd in general IMO. Stewy

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Damian,
    This one appears to be a good Rudolph Karneth.
    Ralph.
    I agree with Ralph. To me it's a solid zinc Karneth 'Unpebbled' Die 1 type. Not sure if the catch is repaired, it could just be crud around it. Let's see what Fischer says about it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Damian

This example is an original and as Ned stated, it is a (6) vein Type or Die 1 example.

Most collectors refer to this example as a Rudolf Karneth variant and the connection was established due to "like" attributes with other marked R.K. combat badges from the Gablonz area.

That said, the initials "R.K." used as a maker mark is "assumed" to stand for Rudolf A. Karneth & Sohn, Gablonz but the maker Robert H. Kreisel, Gablonz - PKZ 67 is also a feasible candidate.

To date, solid proof on who actually produced these examples has yet to surface.

Here is one I have to compare.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast