Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assman & Sohn, Opinion

Article about: I wonder I could ask you guys your opinion on this Assault badge ? I purchased it approx 30 years ago, from a 'respectable' London dealer & did believe it to be real. It appears to be zi

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assman & Sohn, Opinion

I wonder I could ask you guys your opinion on this Assault badge ? I purchased it approx 30 years ago, from a 'respectable' London dealer & did believe it to be real. It appears to be zinc based, with a worn, gilt finish, the reverse has an embossed A on the left side & a faint embossed A in the middle of the rifle. Having seen some of the examples on this forum, has cast some doubt on this example that I own, thanking you.
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assman & Sohn, Opinion   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assman & Sohn, Opinion  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assman & Sohn, Opinion   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assman & Sohn, Opinion  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assman & Sohn, Opinion  
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-20-2015 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminolgy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assman & Sohn, Opinion
    P
    Many

Hello Paul

I'm of the opinion your example is a nice Assmann & Söhne, Lüdenscheid - double "A" marked ISA.

Most of the "A" marked solids are found with the silver/white frosted finish worn away with only the gray base material showing.

I also believe the double marking is a result of the center "A" marked becoming distorted or plugged necessitating the need for a second or left wreath position "A" added to the reverse die.

Best Regards, fischer

Thankyou for your comment fischer, very reassuring ! This is the only ISA, that I have bought and owned, I got it when I was 14/15 & considered it genuine, due to the detail & wear (it has been been looked at many times over the years, under a loupe). I happened to come across a thread for one of these on the forum which made me wonder if my judgement had been wrong. It's been wrapped in tissue for all these years & kept in a box, so it hasn't deteriorated since 1984/5 ! I'm glad the photos were detailed enough.
    Paul

Hello Paul,
    I agree with fischer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

gotta agree with both.

Am so appreciative of your comments, thankyou.
    Kind Regards
    Paul

Yep, the guys are spot on with their summations. Nice find, Stewy

Cheers Stewy, it was purely pleasing to the eye when I bought it, my Dad, who was a collector of flintlock pistols, didn't offer an opinion !

It is a keeper for sure. Stewy