Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. My understanding is that the maker of this one is still unknown. It is commonly referred to as the Egghead. This example still has a lot of the silver fr

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"

A new addition to my IAB collection. My understanding is that the maker of this one is still unknown. It is commonly referred to as the Egghead. This example still has a lot of the silver frosting present, a little tarnished, but still there.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"

Excellent tunic worn badge! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The silver frosting has taken a wonderful yellowish hue giving the badge that extra character, a very nice addition.

Why is this called the 'egghead'? I was expecting a rounded head on the eagle but it appears to be quite normal looking........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

A nice badge indeed Ralph...I'm also interested as why it is called the egg head badge..!!. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Excellent tunic worn badge! Nice find!
    Thanks William!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The silver frosting has taken a wonderful yellowish hue giving the badge that extra character, a very nice addition.

Why is this called the 'egghead'? I was expecting a rounded head on the eagle but it appears to be quite normal looking........?
    Thanks Adrian!
    At this point I would hazard a guess as I am not sure. Possibly due to the fact that the maker is unknown and possibly there are no other distinguishing traits, someone decided to name it after the shape of the head from the reverse.
    I am sure that fischer or possibly Ned will be along to tell us for sure why it was named this.
    Ralph.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Tango View Post
    A nice badge indeed Ralph...I'm also interested as why it is called the egg head badge..!!. Cheers Terry.
    Thanks Terry!
    Ralph.

Nice badge with lots of character...and one I wouldn't mind having in my display!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Nice badge with lots of character...and one I wouldn't mind having in my display!
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks Glenn!
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph,

Nice Infanterie Sturmabzeichen! You'll be looking for the very desirable hollow type to go with it now I bet! It's as you say the unknown maker called the 'Egg head' by collectors due to the eagle's head resembling an ovoid shape when seen from the reverse especially.

I'm not too up on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's, so i'd imagine Fischer may have more details on this type, I heard somewhere recently it may possibly be linked to the maker Brehmer, so far not known to have produced IAB's, but I don't know the thinking behind this, and as far as I know it still remains as by an unknown maker.

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Very nice badge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast