Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Freidrich Linden, Ludenschied, FLL

Article about: A new addition my IAB collection. I have been looking for a nice example of this one for a while now. This example still retains most of it's silvering to the finish. Not sure if I should re

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    An extremely uncommonly seen version, for sure, and in superb condition. A rare find! Well done!
    Thank you William!
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Nmilitaria View Post
    Nice catch!
    Thank you as well!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Freidrich Linden, Ludenschied, FLL
    P
    Many

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you fischer!
    I am aware of the "?" catch variant but this is the one I was after first.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph

I find it funny that FLL would use a "?" catch with the "crimped in" "L" style hinge on these solid zinkers.
    It's also curious that on some on some of the FLL attributed zinc hollows we find the "L" style catch (a catch obviously made for the solid) soldered directly to the reverse.

I'm thinking something must had happened to the reverse die for the solid...compelling the use of the "?" style catch.
    And, we find the "L" catch in use on the hollows as a way of reducing waste and using all available resources.

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

I find it funny that FLL would use a "?" catch with the "crimped in" "L" style hinge on these solid zinkers.
    It's also curious that on some on some of the FLL attributed zinc hollows we find the "L" style catch (a catch obviously made for the solid) soldered directly to the reverse.

I'm thinking something must had happened to the reverse die for the solid...compelling the use of the "?" style catch.
    And, we find the "L" catch in use on the hollows as a way of reducing waste and using all available resources.

Best Regards, fischer
    Hi fischer,
    The "?" style of catch could be a result of something similar to the oval crimp PABs by Deumer and were failing so a modification was required right from the factory.
    This might have caused an over abundance of "L" style parts already made up when they went to the hollow style badges.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2