Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Karl Wurster, Small "W"

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. I believe that this maker is one of the very few who made a solid tombak IAB. Only a portion of the small "w" is visible. Although I seldom wei

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Karl Wurster, Small "W"

A new addition to my IAB collection.
    I believe that this maker is one of the very few who made a solid tombak IAB. Only a portion of the small "w" is visible. Although I seldom weigh my IABs, this is the heaviest one in my collection at the present time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Karl Wurster, Small "W"
    P
    Many

A very nice Wurster in cracking condition! Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    A very nice Wurster in cracking condition! Stewy
    Thanks Stewy!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph

I can only agree with Stewy; a lovely Karl Wurster ISA in top condition....

The maker Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen is the only firm to produce a solid tombak ISA.

That said, looking at your attached pics I think this one is a zinc example.
    Do you see any golden colored tombak showing through the finish?

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

I can only agree with Stewy; a lovely Karl Wurster ISA in top condition....

The maker Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen is the only firm to produce a solid tombak ISA.

That said, looking at your attached pics I think this one is a zinc example.
    Do you see any golden colored tombak showing through the finish?

Best Regards, fischer
    Thank you fischer!
    As I am sure you noticed, I did not specify whether this one was tombak or zinc. Taking the weight and style of hardware into account, I was unsure if these were constructed of zinc or not. I believe your are correct because I do not see any color other than silver/grey. I was awaiting your opinion on this.
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph

The Wurster ISA "small "W" maker mark" was produced in both tombak and zinc using the massive or solid design only.

The tombak examples are only found with the Block Hinge and the directly soldered "?" style catch exclusively.
    The zinc examples use the same Block Hinge and "?" style catch, but can also be found with a Sheet Metal Hinge and a catch plate combination.

It has been my experience that the zinc examples are not as prevalent as the tombak solids.
    Of course, the tombak examples are almost indestructible...possibly adding to their longevity.

Here is the tombak, zinc block and the zinc sheet metal "W" marked examples I have for comparison.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Karl Wurster, Small "W"   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Karl Wurster, Small "W"  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Karl Wurster, Small "W"   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Karl Wurster, Small "W"  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Karl Wurster, Small "W"   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Karl Wurster, Small "W"