Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, real or fake

Article about: Good afternoon everybody. The third of today's items is thisInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber. I have never owned one, so I am clueless, but my friend got it as part of a job lot. Any opin

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, real or fake

Good afternoon everybody. The third of today's items is thisInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber. I have never owned one, so I am clueless, but my friend got it as part of a job lot. Any opinions on its authenticity?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, real or fake   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, real or fake  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, real or fake   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, real or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, real or fake
    P
    Many

I think if you compare with my example, you will see some differences.
    Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Unknown Maker, 4 Rivet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

thanks Ralph,

I can seen the differences in the rivet plates. Does that mean my friend's example is fake, or just a varient?

I think you should see differences in the bayonet blade, handle rivets, eagle's claws, details of the acorns, that's the obverse.
    On the reverse, the depth of the recesses, the hardware on your friends example appears to be cast with the badge, the tool mark on the pin near the hinge.
    All of these, and just the general appearance of the cuts on the under feathers of the wings and details of the shoulder strap and K98 lead me to believe it is a copy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I think you should see differences in the bayonet blade, handle rivets, eagle's claws, details of the acorns, that's the obverse.
    On the reverse, the depth of the recesses, the hardware on your friends example appears to be cast with the badge, the tool mark on the pin near the hinge.
    All of these, and just the general appearance of the cuts on the under feathers of the wings and details of the shoulder strap and K98 lead me to believe it is a copy.
    Ralph.
    If you compare it side by side with the one posted by Ralph it seems to be very modern in appearance and it's hard to explain but it just does not look like a period piece.
    From the pictures alone I would not want this one in my collection.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."