Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked Ernst Muller

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. This is an example of an unmarked silver semi hollow version made by Ernst Muller. Ralph.

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked Ernst Muller

A new addition to my IAB collection.
    This is an example of an unmarked silver semi hollow version made by Ernst Muller.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller
    P
    Many

Nice E Muller Ralph. Plenty of finish on that one. Mullers do retain it well. Stewy

?

Beautiful badge Ralph and excellent photography as usual. A question, I note there is a notch missing on the top edge of the catch, is this a feature unique to Muller due to the way they cut their catches or just a one off?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Ade I think the notch you're on about is from when the hook shape was formed. Stewy

Here's my example. You can just about see the notch. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller  

?

Thanks Stewy, so it appears to be a feature of this maker then.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes Ade. It appears on the marked ones too. Not sure where my pics are of my marked example. Stewy

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Beautiful badge Ralph and excellent photography as usual. A question, I note there is a notch missing on the top edge of the catch, is this a feature unique to Muller due to the way they cut their catches or just a one off?
    Thanks Adrian!
    I believe that the "notch" you are talking about is not really a notch. I have seen this on a few other badges as well. This is probably caused by the tooling that is used to form the catch. They would require some type of a forming tool to bend the wire, or rod, into this small of a curl. This would likely consist of a "post" of the diameter of the inside of the catch and would also require some type of a "stop" to hold the short end. If the bending is done cold, it is more difficult to bend and could result in the "notch" that is seen here. I believe it is more of a "dent" than a notch. Similar to the mark that is found on S&L PAB pins.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Nice E Muller Ralph. Plenty of finish on that one. Mullers do retain it well. Stewy
    Thanks Stewy!
    This one came from our own Bill T.
    Thanks Bill!
    Ralph.

nice ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast