Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber by WH

Article about: I have been offered this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen but understand it is a heavily faked one. Is this a good one? The swastika looks to have better detail than the copy I have seen. I believe

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber by WH

I have been offered this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen but understand it is a heavily faked one. Is this a good one? The swastika looks to have better detail than the copy I have seen. I believe the original to have a slightly hollowed out rifle butt, but cannot see this on the pics provided. Acorns and bottom of wreath all look good to me.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber by WHInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber by WHInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber by WHInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber by WH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber by WH
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber by WH

Hello Al

You are correct, there is a fake marked with the same WH but this is not it.

The Infanterie Sturmabzeichen you show is an original Wilhelm Hobacher with a sheet metal hinge. This variant is also found with the smaller block hinge.
    It belongs to the Wien or Vienna Design family of Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's and judging by the amounts still around today, Hobacher was one of the more prolific Vienna makers.

This one had a nice chrome-like finish but looks to have been stored improperly. The area by the bayonet, eagle and the corresponding wreath leaves have what looks to be moisture damage with the finish and zinc starting to decay. You also might want to ask about the catch, the pics (I assume from the seller) do not show this portion of the badge.

If you are to purchase this one, make sure it is priced accordingly. This variant is considered relatively common when compared to other Infanterie Sturmabzeichen makers.

Best Regards, fischer

?

Thanks Fischer. He is asking $80

Hi ,as are top expert on these awards fischer has already said this is a good one,the price also seems reasonable as long as the catch is present and original.