Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver,stamped construction

Article about: would like to hear opinions on this badge,,,good or bad comments welcomed,,,thanks,,,Robert

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver,stamped construction

would like to hear opinions on this badge,,,good or bad comments welcomed,,,thanks,,,Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver,stamped construction  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver,stamped construction 
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-20-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver,stamped construction
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infantry assault badge in silver,stamped construction

I've not seen a hinge setup like that before, Weber's book doesn't mention it either. I guess it could be an unknown maker but i'd be leaning towards it just being bad.

Default Re: Infantry assault badge in silver,stamped construction

THANKS GLENN66,,,i think you are correct....Robert

?

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver,stamped construction

The hinge and catch setup looks very much like the type found on '30' marked Verwundetenabzeichen. I have no idea if the badge above is genuine or not, hopefully Don will see the thread and give his opinion.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Guys

This one is a fake.

To me, this is one is made for the reenacting community as the design does match closely any known original examples.

The reverse hardware set up is not good either. Early S&L BM hollow examples used a hinge that resembles in function this one but when compared next to each other are different.

Badges like this can be dangerous...it is not overly weathered or chemically aged and the reverse patina looks believable. This is where good scans or pics really help.

Robert, is there any way you can scan or get better pics of this one? I would like to see the details better.

In regards to Weber's book, I have one and it does have some nice pics in it. The problem is the book is not a good guide due to the many errors and there are more IAB variants not covered than there are featured.

Best Regards, fischer

?

Haha good call on the 30mm wound badge Adrian, you are right! I wouldnt have thought of that! I can definitely see how this could be dangerous. I dont like the looks of the upper stock and bayonet part tho. Looks like one huge acorn to the upper right too. But Like Fischer said, it would be cool to see this one up close n personal. A good one to add to the old reference file.

Quote by fischer View Post
    In regards to Weber's book, I have one and it does have some nice pics in it. The problem is the book is not a good guide due to the many errors and there are more IAB variants not covered than there are featured.
    True, the book is nice to look at and is well laid out but Weber doesn't even mention Deumer badges if I recall correctly. However it is often regarded as one of, if not the best IAB reference material out there. Do you have any other authors to recommend?

hi Fischer,,,sorry i dont have any other pics to provide any more info on,,,Robert

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver,stamped constructionInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver,stamped construction'30' marked pin to compare.