Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Unknown Maker (To me at least)

Article about: Gentlemen, I've been offered this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, I'm fairly certain its genuine, the maker's symbol I take to be M K initials in a triangle, do members know the name of this make

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Unknown Maker (To me at least)

Gentlemen,
    I've been offered this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, I'm fairly certain its genuine, the maker's symbol I take to be M K initials in a triangle, do members know the name of this maker and if the maker is a rare one or not. Any information appreicated.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Unknown Maker (To me at least)   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Unknown Maker (To me at least)  

Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Unknown Maker (To me at least) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Unknown Maker (To me at least)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Unknown Maker (To me at least)

Indeed an original MK in triangle,congrats. It may be a bronze too,which makes it more desirable for this maker. A bit difficult to be 100% sure on that from the pics though. Stewy

?

Any connection to the maker 'AS' Stewy? The makers mark, ball hinge and catch look very similar to this maker?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes Adrian,it's one of the "Gablonz" makers as is "AS". Stewy

?

Thanks Stewy, I would guess this particular maker is one of the rarer to find? I don't remember seeing too many of these before.

They are out there & not too hard to find. Stewy

Here's my silver. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Unknown Maker (To me at least)   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Unknown Maker (To me at least)  

?

Gentlemen,
    Thanks for the the posts, I did take the badge. Looking at it I'm unsure whether its a bronze one or a silver one tarnished by time or smoke, I've included a extra picture, to help members, what do they think Bronze or Silver ? Looking through Detlev Nieman's 2010 catalogue it states made from Buntmetal / Whitemetal and Zinc. I wonder, how can I tell which is which? assuming some of the bronze or silver wash is missing from the badge, exposing base metal is there a tell-tale sign i.e. one material has distinct colour, texture or prone to metal pest, how do members differeniate, any advice welcome.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Unknown Maker (To me at least)  

?

I would suggest a zinc badge with most of the silver finish missing but what is left has toned to a darker colour.

As Adrian says,a zinker for sure. From the pics i'm still undecided as to whether it's silver or bronze. Whichever it is,it's lost most of it. Stewy