Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Up For Review (Infantry Assault Badge)

Article about: Hey guys, Haven’t been active in along time! Finally back home after a year. Sorta back into the game. A friend gave me this assault badge. Very little silver wash left. Unmarked. Hollow bac

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Up For Review (Infantry Assault Badge)

Hey guys,

Haven’t been active in long time! Finally back home after a year.

Sorta back into the game. A friend gave me this assault badge.

Very little silver wash left. Unmarked. Hollow back.

I believe it be original, just would like a confirmation.

Thanks as always,
    -Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Up For Review (Infantry Assault Badge)   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Up For Review (Infantry Assault Badge)  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Up For Review (Infantry Assault Badge)   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Up For Review (Infantry Assault Badge)  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Up For Review (Infantry Assault Badge)   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Up For Review (Infantry Assault Badge)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Up For Review (Infantry Assault Badge)
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Danny. Welcome back.

Anyway, I wish I could help you out. My expertise is somewhat limited to the reference materials I have on hand and could not find one with a cut out swaz in zinc. Nor a catch with a oblong top to bottom base plate. My not finding anything does not mean it's bad, just that I don't know. I will continue looking however.

Hopefully Ralph, Fisher, Stewy will be around.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not a fan of the quality in the details of the item or the soldering of the catch and clasp. Please do not take this as a positive NO due to my lack of experience, but I would encourage you to search some additional threads on this piece. I looked at a few to compare and the finer details are different. My apologies for not being conclusive but I am not confident.
    John

Quote by MAP View Post
    Danny. Welcome back.

Anyway, I wish I could help you out. My expertise is somewhat limited to the reference materials I have on hand and could not find one with a cut out swaz in zinc. Nor a catch with a oblong top to bottom base plate. My not finding anything does not mean it's bad, just that I don't know. I will continue looking however.

Hopefully Ralph, Fisher, Stewy will be around.
    Thanks for the welcome Michael.

It's an original GWL Hollow Zinc example

Doug

MAP
    ?

Quote by Saladin View Post
    It's an original GWL Hollow Zinc example

Doug
    Thanks Doug. I've never seen a GWL with a cut out Swaz before. Learn something new everyday
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

EXCELLENT! Thanks gents!

Very interesting badge. I have never seen any like this one before. It looks quite unusual and actually pretty good with that cut out swastika.
    Best regards,
    Franko
    Last edited by Franjo Vuk; 01-09-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Hello all
    GWL did this later zinc version and the earlier hollow buntmetal pieces

I don’t accumulate too many of these IABs so not really knowledgeable but another maker who does the cut out swastika is Petz & Lorenz.

Fischer is the man who collects these so perhaps he may have some more input

Doug

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hello all
    but another maker who does the cut out swastika is Petz & Lorenz.

Doug
    As does Paul Meybauer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast