Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner

Article about: by big ned Hi Ralph, Another nice addition to the Boos collection! The rear set up is interesting, and i'd imagine problematical to get right everytime. The gas porosity could well be caused

Default Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner

A recent addition to my IAB collection.
    I really can't explain the poor casting on the rifle stock and the berry rings, but I believe everything else is as it should be. I still believe it to be original.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner   Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner  

Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner   Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner  

Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner   Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner
    P
    Many

I like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nice one Ralph and thank you also for the superb photos.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Beautiful pinched crimp for the hinge!

Hi Ralph

A nice purported Gottlieb & Wagner example and 100% original.

As we can see, the obverse design and details of these is very much like the ShuCo variations.
    Attribution to G&W has been obtained with the discovery of this "crimped in" example with Gottlieb & Wagner addressed paper packets.

As G&W was located in the Idar-Oberstein area (along with ShuCo) and because of the almost exacting obverse design, most likely some type of joint effort existed between the two firms.

My guess on the k98k stock and the berry band; possible impurities in the zinc not giving the surface a smooth exterior.

Best Regards, fischer

still a nice one.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you Ade!
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Nice one Ralph and thank you also for the superb photos.
    Thank you Adrian!
    My pleasure.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Beautiful pinched crimp for the hinge!
    Thanks Glenn!
    Ralph.

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

A nice purported Gottlieb & Wagner example and 100% original.

As we can see, the obverse design and details of these is very much like the ShuCo variations.
    Attribution to G&W has been obtained with the discovery of this "crimped in" example with Gottlieb & Wagner addressed paper packets.

As G&W was located in the Idar-Oberstein area (along with ShuCo) and because of the almost exacting obverse design, most likely some type of joint effort existed between the two firms.

My guess on the k98k stock and the berry band; possible impurities in the zinc not giving the surface a smooth exterior.

Best Regards, fischer
    Thank you for the excellant analysis fischer!
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    still a nice one.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph,

Another nice addition to the Boos collection! The rear set up is interesting, and i'd imagine problematical to get right everytime. The gas porosity could well be caused by a dirty die, poor quality zinc, or a temprature anomaly where the material or mold were not at the correct temprature. A great badge and rather unusual, well done snagging it mate!

Regrds, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast