Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, JFS, Josef Feix & Sohne.

Article about: A recent addition to my IAB collection. This solid zinc example is made by Josef Feix & Sohne, JFS and maker marked as such. It has a crimped in, ball hinge with a formed sheet metal cat

Default Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, JFS, Josef Feix & Sohne.

A recent addition to my IAB collection.
    This solid zinc example is made by Josef Feix & Sohne, JFS and maker marked as such. It has a crimped in, ball hinge with a formed sheet metal catch that is also crimped in place.
    This example retains most of it's silver finish but has tarnished with time.
    Ralph.

Last edited by rbminis; 08-24-2017 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Title correction.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, JFS, Josef Feix & Sohne.
    P
    Many

Another bueatiful badge Ralph! That's a collection to envy. And thanks for all the work building a fantastic reference gallery! Best regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post

Another bueatiful badge Ralph! That's a collection to envy. And thanks for all the work building a fantastic reference gallery! Best regards.

Brian
    Thank you Brian!
    I hope that all of my work here will help newer, and older, collectors to avoid buying any fakes.
    I don't collect all types of awards so I can only propagate the fields that I collect.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you Brian!
    I hope that all of my work here will help newer, and older, collectors to avoid buying any fakes.
    I don't collect all types of awards so I can only propagate the fields that I collect.
    Ralph.
    You do it quite well sir. And the time it must take should not go unnoticed. Your pictures are always spot on. Again another series of reference threads well worth the $25 admission fee. Best regards.

Brian

Hi Ralph

Another lovely example you have added...

In regards to grade, I am of the opinion this one is a bronze ISA. Please see the area's on the obverse I have indicated.
    Also, the reverse has areas the display bronze finish, including the ball hinge and catch.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, JFS, Josef Feix & Sohne.  

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

Another lovely example you have added...

In regards to grade, I am of the opinion this one is a bronze ISA. Please see the area's on the obverse I have indicated.
    Also, the reverse has areas the display bronze finish, including the ball hinge and catch.

Best Regards, fischer
    Thank you for pointing that out fischer!
    I see what you are talking about and it is duly noted and the title has been changed.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.

Just adding to the discussion...here are two silver grade JFS examples I have.

The first one has the chrome like "Glanzverzinkt" finish and the second the delicate, frosted white coating.

Best Regards, fischer

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, JFS, Josef Feix & Sohne.Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, JFS, Josef Feix & Sohne.Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, JFS, Josef Feix & Sohne.Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, JFS, Josef Feix & Sohne.