Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces

Article about: Hi all, as requested, here is/are my grandfathers Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, with award document. My guess as to why I have 2 is that the other one ( the one that has lost all the

Default Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces

Hi all,
    as requested, here is/are my grandfathers Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, with award document.
    My guess as to why I have 2 is that the other one ( the one that has lost all the silver plating) is from a comrade and he took it with him in memory of him.
    After all, the Regiment Brandenburg was almost completely wiped out multiple times!
    I've also attached a photo of him where he is wearing his medal, though I have a lot more photos where he has it on his StuG wrap, but I think one picture is enough for starters
    Hope you like it, if you have any idea regarding the makers, as they are unmarked, please let me know.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces  

Last edited by rbminis; 07-07-2019 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces
    P
    Many

?

Nice items. Raul

It's fantastic. You are very fortunate to have been able to keep decorations, documents and photographs not only from your grandfather, but even from one of his old comrades.
    Congratulations.
    Excellent examples.

Best regards.
    Santi

Thanks for your replies, Santi and Raul
    I'm glad I at least have the items from that side of the family, the other part of my family threw them all away or sold them..
    Luis

Luis,
    Please post your awards separately next time.
    The one with no finish remaining is from the firm of Gottlieb & Wagner, you can compare with my example posted here.
    Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner
    The one with all of it's silver frosting could be a ShuCo, but it is difficult to tell with the light color background. Please take another reverse photos on a darker background.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Okay, I will, next time.
    Just thought that they belonged together as that is how I found them but thank you very much for telling me the makers of the badges.
    I will take better pictures of the silver one tomorrow so we can make sure that it is a ShuCo.
    Luis

Oh crap, I kinda forgot yesterday, well anyway, here are some pictures, hope they are usable.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces  

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Oh crap, I kinda forgot yesterday, well anyway, here are some pictures, hope they are usable.
    Luis
    It is from an unknown maker, and is referred to as an "egghead" due to the shape of the head from the reverse.
    Compare with my example in the data base.
    Egghead, Unknown Maker, Solid Zinc with Sheet Metal Hinge and Round Wire Catch with Catch Plate
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph, for finding that out.
    I at least for now lack the expertise in awards to even attempt to be able to find out the makers of the medals I have haha
    But definitely looks exactly the same as mine!
    I think I will be posting my grandpa's VWA in schwarz and his EK2 shortly aswell, but as for the EK2 it at least know the maker, because it has "100" stamped on the ring.
    Luis

MAP
    ?

Very nice Luis.

I would not be surprised if both of them were his. These could be privately purchased. Maybe on for a dress uniform?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast