Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver Wilhelm Hobacher/Vienna

Article about: OK. The second of the two. This one has more silver wash remaining and a great look and patina (to me at least). A nice worn award! Maker marked W.H. A type 2.07. Solid Zinc with 50% silver

MAP
    ?

Default Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver Wilhelm Hobacher/Vienna

OK. The second of the two.

This one has more silver wash remaining and a great look and patina (to me at least).

A nice worn award!

Maker marked W.H. A type 2.07. Solid Zinc with 50% silver wash on front remaining. Slightly convex shape. Identical to type 2.01 (Friedrich Orth) per Sascha Weber's book.

Enjoy!

Michael

Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver Wilhelm Hobacher/ViennaInfantriesturmabzeichen in Silver Wilhelm Hobacher/ViennaInfantriesturmabzeichen in Silver Wilhelm Hobacher/ViennaInfantriesturmabzeichen in Silver Wilhelm Hobacher/Vienna
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver Wilhelm Hobacher/Vienna
    P
    Many

Hello

This one is a Wilhelm Hobacher, Wien - ISA as you have stated.

It has the smaller Block hinge hardware but, can also be found with the large based Sheet Metal hinge set up.
    Both examples use a "?" style catch directly soldered to the reverse.

Having compared vein patterns with the other so-called Vienna Design family of ISA's...the WH example does match the Orth examples.

One possibility is that one maker was contracted to produce badges for the other...of course, this is conjecture and nothing to verify this argument has been uncovered.

Congrats on adding two nice examples to your collection...

Best Regards, fischer

MAP
    ?

Thank you Fisher!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

v/nice items.