Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Infantriesturmabzeichen in Sliber, Steinhauer & Lück, Unmarked.

Article about: A recent addition to my IAB collection. This solid zinc example has the oval hinge with a flat sheet metal catch. This type of hardware matches those used on one variant of their PABs. This

Default Infantriesturmabzeichen in Sliber, Steinhauer & Lück, Unmarked.

A recent addition to my IAB collection.
    This solid zinc example has the oval hinge with a flat sheet metal catch. This type of hardware matches those used on one variant of their PABs.
    This one retains almost all of it's silver finish.
    Ralph.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	948359

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	948360

Name:	0a.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	948361

Name:	1a.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	948362

Name:	1b.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	948363

Name:	1c.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	948364

Name:	1d.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	948365
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Beautiful silver finish! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Beautiful silver finish! Nice find!
    Thank you William!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

a great badge Ralph.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    a great badge Ralph.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph

A very nice attributed Steinhauer & Luck, Lüdenscheid example with the variant hardware set up.

This solid zinc example had a reverse die constructed to position raised guide lines for a long barrel hinge and a flat stock catch with a large oblong shaped catch plate.
    I tend to think they ran short of this hardware set up and resorted to what was on-hand.
    You can see where the guides for the barrel hinge have been ground away and the oval hinge used in it's place.

The stamped, formed sheet metal catch is another example of German efficiency; utilizing what materials were available.

This set up is probably my favorite solid zinc attributed S&L ISA of this design and yours has fantastic finish.

Congrats my friend...

Best regards, fischer

Excellent! A fine addition. Bob

MAP
    ?

Another beauty Ralph. You've been on a buying spree of late!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

A very nice attributed Steinhauer & Luck, Lüdenscheid example with the variant hardware set up.

This solid zinc example had a reverse die constructed to position raised guide lines for a long barrel hinge and a flat stock catch with a large oblong shaped catch plate.
    I tend to think they ran short of this hardware set up and resorted to what was on-hand.
    You can see where the guides for the barrel hinge have been ground away and the oval hinge used in it's place.

The stamped, formed sheet metal catch is another example of German efficiency; utilizing what materials were available.

This set up is probably my favorite solid zinc attributed S&L ISA of this design and yours has fantastic finish.

Congrats my friend...

Best regards, fischer
    Thank you fischer!
    Yes, the grind marks can still be seen by the hinge but the guide lines for the catch are still in place and have not been removed.
    I know you have stated attributed, but are there any other makers who utilized this pattern of eagle? How conclusive is the connection at this time?
    Glad you like it!
    Ralph.

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Excellent! A fine addition. Bob
    Thank you Bob!
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast