Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.

Article about: Adrian, absolutely, couldnt of said it better myself.......I actually like the 'Weitze' one, if it was half the price, it just might be worth having as an example.

?

Default Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.

Here's an interesting Ritterkreuz on Philipp-Militaria, apparently field made from an EK1 with the Eichenlaub made from an Infanterie Sturmabzeichen wreath. A shame it's been de-nazified but unique nonetheless!
    Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.   Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.  

Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.   Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.

Adrian, mmm...with this thread you could be opening a can of worms !...these crosses are generally, even by those who should know better are scorned and ridiculed !...some see them as 'vandalised' 1st/2nd class EK's, and give them little more than a second glance, even by those who admit in publications of there existance. True, it could of been made yesterday, or in /on the battlefields of WW2, who will ever know withot provanence, a thing not many of these crosses possess, I have examined many, some were crude, some suberbly altered/constructed, some amateurish, others obviously jeweller altered. Right, now on to the positive side... I love em !!...I have an example sat in my EK collection, I have allways been reluctant to show/discuss with regards to my first part of this post, but hey its been sat there for 34 years, and i only gave a tenner for it, so really i dont give a damn, its not going anywhere.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    who will ever know without provanence
    That of course is the crucial thing - at least from my point of view. It would've been good to see the supposed recipient wearing this cross but as you say - who knows. There are genuine field made RKs around with provenance but these are generally very hard to come by.
    Personally, and I've said this before on other forums, I wouldn't pay anymore for one of these than the parts are worth unless there is undoubted evidence - photographic - that the cross in question was worn during the war but if one was offered to me for a tenner, I wouldn't say no!
    I have a photo of a field made RK in my collection, I just haven't located the particular cross......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.  

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    'but if one was offered to me for a tenner, I wouldn't say no!'
    Adrian, ive just checked my records that was back in 1976 !...it was half a weeks wages !.....thats a great photo!..but I dont thinks its a real RK though...
    Ive just looked at the link you provided..950 Euro's ! (mind you it has alledged provanence). MMMM...now do I know any forgers through my old job !......
    Last edited by oradour; 05-28-2010 at 05:13 PM.

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    That of course is the crucial thing - at least from my point of view. It would've been good to see the supposed recipient wearing this cross but as you say - who knows. There are genuine field made RKs around with provenance but these are generally very hard to come by.
    Personally, and I've said this before on other forums, I wouldn't pay anymore for one of these than the parts are worth unless there is undoubted evidence - photographic - that the cross in question was worn during the war but if one was offered to me for a tenner, I wouldn't say no!
    I have a photo of a field made RK in my collection, I just haven't located the particular cross......
    Can only agree Adrian without the provenance they could have been made anytime , i like the photo , there is a famous photo of
    SS Sturmbannfuhrer Werner Potschke wearing a similary sized RK and EL !1
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Adrian, ive just checked my records that was back in 1976......
    now do I know any forgers through my old job !......
    1976? I started school in 1976!

......and what was your old job.........?

?

I tend to agree. Unless I find it myself or get it from a vet, I would not give a second look to a cross like that.
    Regards

Matt

?

Coincidently, Weitze has one for sale in his update too. Looks ok but can anyone justify giving 400€ for a regular S&L type EK2 with a bent ring without further evidence of it being a wartime conversion......?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.   Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.  

Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.   Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.  

Gentlemen, and heres one thats currently for sale on 'Whartons Militaria' (No, i've never heard of them before,either) here in the U.K. yours for only £825 .....note the '800' that has been stamped on the frame below the suspension ring (as if !),and i suspect the ribbon is fake as well ! Oh.. and it has no provenance either.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting field made Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub.  

?

That's an awful lot of money for a Wachtler & Lange EK2 in poor condition and with a repro ribbon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast