Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kampfabzeihen des Heeres

Article about: I´m thinking about buying this one. Looks good to me.. Can´t mae much out of he makers mark though..

Jan
    ?

Default Kampfabzeihen des Heeres

I´m thinking about buying this one. Looks good to me.. Can´t mae much out of he makers mark though..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kampfabzeihen des Heeres   Kampfabzeihen des Heeres  

Kampfabzeihen des Heeres  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kampfabzeihen des Heeres
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kampfabzeihen des Heeres

Hi Jan,it's a Wiedmann IAB. The makers mark is UU, with 5 dots above. Hope this helps,kiitos (don't know if i've spelt that right,it's been a while) Stewy.

look this interesting link :

III Reich Collectibles - Medals

Thumbs down Re: Kampfabzeihen des Heeres

Jan

I would pass, condition is everything in the collecting hobby...

Greetz

Nick VR

It certainly looks 'salty' and has seen a bit of action :-)

Tis weird, even though I know they're worth more in mint condition, I just get carried away thinking about the experiences of the owner! To me, this is the reason that I collect militaria. If only they could talk, eh? Maybe I should speak with Richard Kimmel about his paranormal archaeology ;-)

Cheers,
    Jimbo

Hi Jimbo

Quote by JimboCymru View Post
    Tis weird, even though I know they're worth more in mint condition, I just get carried away thinking about the experiences of the owner!
    Yes and no, I agree with you on the fact that mint medals/badges don't have the 'been there' feel. Mint badges always feel kind of 'cold' to me as well...

On the other hand that Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is missing it's needle, wich IMO is a very big flaw. Try not to collect junk, you will feel so much more satisfied with a Wiedmann that has the 'been there' look and is in a good condition ...

Greetz

Nick VR
    Attached Images Attached Images Kampfabzeihen des Heeres 

Nice piece, Nick...agreed ;-)

If the price was right on Jan's badge I'd still be inclined to buy it; it'd look great framed with a couple of photos. I picked up the same badge in Oz for around AU$30, late war tombak and missing pin. Depends what you can afford, I suppose.

Love this site, bit too addictive though ;-)

Jimbo

Jimbo

It's a perfectly good Wiedmann ISA "lily pad" hinge variant in silver. Just missing the pin. If the price's good then well worth it. Kiitos Stewy S

Guys,

I think a time will come soon where originality is more important than condition and in those circumstances nothing is junk. Look what rusty helmets go for now!

Regards

Jock

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Guys,

I think a time will come soon where originality is more important than condition and in those circumstances nothing is junk. Look what rusty helmets go for now!

Regards

Jock
    Exactly Jock,a few years down the line just the fact it's real will be a rarity,let alone condition. Stewy S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast