Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Mayer brothers!

Article about: Hi! Just recived my "new" infanterie sturmabzeichen in silver from Italy! I was looking for a matching pair for my bronze one... and i got it! Little bit of tombak peeking through

I find on these awards that the birds sometimes look a little sill, but damn these ones sure don't! Awesome Abzeichen!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Mayer brothers!
    P
    Many

Congrats on adding this lovely silver grade and completing the pair of flat rounded stamped sheet metal catch variants.

In regards to BHMayer being identified as the maker; this comes from the few examples found with the L/18 marking on the badge pin.
    But, with this round flat style catch being typical of Otto Schickle made badges before he was shut down in the summer of 1941, some believe attribution to the firm of Otto Schickle is the correct path.

It is my opinion that BHMayer was more of a retailer than a manufacturer due to the many different badges marked with the L/18 stamp.

Since neither of the two arguments is conclusive, I refer to these as BHMayer/O.Schickle Design examples.

Best Regards, fischer

Thank you all! I think that Mayer/Schickle design and the eagle are the best looking (or at least one of the best).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2