Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new IAB

Article about: by HistoryIsMe the fish is the simble of the U-96. Attachment 268880Attachment 268881Attachment 268882 cheers, Pat one of the best war movies ever made

Default My new IAB

This arrived in the mail this past Friday. It is by no means an extraordinary piece, but I like it very much just the same.

My new IABMy new IAB

Feel free to post comments!
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 11-23-2011 at 02:45 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new IAB
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new IAB

No comments? I acquired it from a well known dealer, so I confident that it is real.

Looks nice! Can you take some more photos looking at it directly @90degrees?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Looks nice! Can you take some more photos looking at it directly @90degrees?
    I don't entirely understand what you mean. Could you maybe send me a similar picture in PM so I can replicate it? I'll take additional pictures once I return home from work!

Not to derail my thread... but what is the significance of your avatar? I saw someone driving on the NY State Thruway that had your fish avatar as a bumpersticker... Was it you?!

Nice orignal unmarked badge congrats.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

By 90degrees I mean facing directly down onto the obverse and reverse. That way we can see the detail exactly as it is. Taking the shot from a low angle distorts the image. Theres every chance I might be able to work out the manufacturer if you have some nice, detailed face-on shots ( I have a good reference book)

Regarding the avatar, it's the symbol of the 9th U-Boat flotilla. I feel it combines my love of Scuba diving and military history plus it's of german origin and i'm of 1/2 German descent also so to me it's a no brainer.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    By 90degrees I mean facing directly down onto the obverse and reverse. That way we can see the detail exactly as it is. Taking the shot from a low angle distorts the image. Theres every chance I might be able to work out the manufacturer if you have some nice, detailed face-on shots ( I have a good reference book)

Regarding the avatar, it's the symbol of the 9th U-Boat flotilla. I feel it combines my love of Scuba diving and military history plus it's of german origin and i'm of 1/2 German descent also so to me it's a no brainer.
    Ah, ok! Sorry, I over-complicated your description... I have a new mini tri-pod. I'll do my best to use it to get the pictures you require. It would be very nice to get this badge's maker identified.

So was that you driving south of Albany, NY?

?

the fish is the simble of the U-96.
    My new IABMy new IABMy new IAB

cheers,
    Pat

?

Very nice addition ! Manny makers to collect tho lol

Unmarked SHuCo IMO. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast